SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Way to quick mount an Inline Fabrication Ultramount to bench?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Way to quick mount an Inline Fabrication Ultramount to bench? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
I just got my new reloading/cleaning bench in and am looking to finalize the setup.

I don't have much space on the bench top (48x30) and have even more restrictions on space because of protruding pipes, water heater, etc. One quadrant is taken up by my Dillon on a strong mount.

I want to be able to mount my Rockchucker, powder stand and case trimmer on an Inline Fabrication Ultramount on the other half of my bench. That other half is, however, where I clean guns and do gunsmithing stuff and it's where my bench vise is, so I can't afford the space to keep the Ultramount permanently attached to the bench.

Is there a way I could quickly mount/dismount the Inline Fabrication base unit so I could preserve that needed open space when I'm not actively using the reloading gear? As in I'm not keen on digging out wrenches, etc. to undo bolts every time I want to swap out.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Buy four hex head machine bolts of the appropriate diameter long enough to penetrate the press mount and bench top.
Drill your four holes in the bench.
Buy eight wing nuts & some flats & lock washers.
Go to your local welding shop and have four wing nuts welded or brazed on to the heads of the machine bolts. Use the other four wing nuts below the bench top with some flat & lock washers.
No tools required for removing!

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1497 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thezoltar
posted Hide Post
For under the bench -

https://www.amazon.com/SpzcdZa...83451669682196&psc=1

For the top side, take your pick of styles and types to choose from -

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic...id=1592003799&sr=8-6

======
...welcome to the barnyard...some animals are more equal than others

Posts: 952 | Location: Utah | Registered: May 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Can you not use an inline fab quick detach mount?

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for a way to quickly remove the base mount for the quick detach plates to keep the bench clear and not have the space taken up permanently by the ultramount.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
They make a flush QD mount.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the look of the T slot rails.
If I ever build a new bench I will be installing it in my bench top.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...tail_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Mount the vise to an in-line plate also. I did it to mine and flush mounted the adapter. Now when I don’t need the vise or press, I remove them both and have more bench space.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post