SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Richard Lee Has Passed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Richard Lee Has Passed Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
I suspect all of us who reload have some piece of Lee equipment. He got me started over 40 years ago with the simple Lee Loader.

https://leeprecision.com/userf...RichardLeeEulogy.pdf

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear. RIP sir.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
He had a long an prosperous life. RIP.

He got me started reloading with a hand press when I was in college with barely two nickels to rub together.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8212 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMO the 1st Generation Lee Auto Primer hand held unit with the round tray was a game changer and a product that changed the way many many reloaders primed their brass...I loved my first one so much that when it broke and I saw the 2nd Generation model was coing out to replace the 1st Generation I went out and bought another 1st Generation unit. Still have it today even though it has not been used since I bought my Dillon.....

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP. My reloading set up is an eclectic mix of products from many companies, but I have a few Lee items that I like a lot. I have a Pro 1000 press, several Auto Primer units, and a few of their die sets. Everything I have used from Lee has functioned well and been a great value, which is their niche.

Posts: 2475 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Rip Frown

About fifteen years ago I had bought a Lee Classic Turret press. Well, it started running bad, and tore up the little plastic ratchet. I called their customer service to purchase some new ones, they told me they were transferring my call to someone with a little more knowledge on the workings of this press, much to my amazement the guy introduced himself to me as "Richard Lee". He talked to me for over a half hour explaining what I had done wrong, and how to correct that from happening again with the new parts he was sending me free of charge. What a gentleman he was, I was very impressed with him. Made me an expert on that fine little turret press.

Posts: 13676 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
I use the Lee classic turret press. Its a downright solid, reliable, well made piece of equipment.

Ive never used the ratcheting turret feature though. I use it as a single stage with the convenience of only having to set-up dies once.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post