SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Ran a whole mess of Blue-Pew's this weekend.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ran a whole mess of Blue-Pew's this weekend. Login/Join 
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted
I've grown to love the blue bullets and load them pretty much exclusively for matches and practice pistol rounds.

Currently I am pressless but have everything else. I'm house/cat-sitting for C_Swimm and he has a 650 and single stage he lets me use until I get my T-7 for christmas and a 650 at tax time, so I took advantage of it this weekend.

2000- 147gr 9mm over 3.8gr CFE Pistol with Win. SPP's loaded to 1.15. Gives me right around 875-890fps and power from 128-130.

These are SOFT to shoot out of my P320 Vtac with 14lbs 1911 spring.

Then I hopped on the single stage and got 600 10mm rolled. 200gr over 10gr Blue Dot and Win LPP's. This load bounces around 1175-1215 FPS and is fun to shoot without breaking the bank.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
That stash took an hour,You and the cat could then watch lots of T V. Wink

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zac - Sorry for my ignorance but I need to ask. What makes these blue coated bullets better than a plated FMJ bullet? I ask because I am seeing these bullets show up more and more at local competitions and the only thing I currently load are Plated FMJ’s or Plated HP’s....

Ready to learn more about this particular bullet....Any issues with build up in the barrel or comp?

Thanks. Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess would be that the powder coated bullets cost less.
The SNS bullets that I shoot are a little less than half the cost of the fmj bullets I was shooting.

I have shot lots of them in my Glock game gun with no leading at all.

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Zac - Sorry for my ignorance but I need to ask. What makes these blue coated bullets better than a plated FMJ bullet? I ask because I am seeing these bullets show up more and more at local competitions and the only thing I currently load are Plated FMJ’s or Plated HP’s....

Ready to learn more about this particular bullet....Any issues with build up in the barrel or comp?

Thanks. Mark

As mentioned, cheaper than jacketed or plated bullets. They dont smoke up like lead/wax lubed bullets and dont leave any residue to speak of in the barrel. Ive gone over a thousand rounds of these between bore scrubbing before with no ill effect. I have not noticed any blue coming out of the bore when I clean it either, the polymer coating does a good job of burning off.

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Interesting; they are a bit cheaper than Berry's plated. I may try some for my subsonic 9mm for my suppressed P226. I wish they had .380ACP bullets, too.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the responses - I am going to get me a sample pack ordered right now to give them a try...Looking at their web site they really cater to the buyer providing various small order options based upon what they can fit into several different size priority flat rate shipping boxes...

Thanks for posting this Zac....Gonna give these a try in my PCC set up and my pistols.....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Coated are the "newest" thing. Shoot as well as plated & offer more bullet selections & can be done by the home bullet maker too.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
What diameter 9mm are you shooting and out of which gun? I just bought a sample of The Blue Bullets company 135gr TC and they are .355. I'm looking forward to trying them in my CZ.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
What diameter 9mm are you shooting and out of which gun? I just bought a sample of The Blue Bullets company 135gr TC and they are .355. I'm looking forward to trying them in my CZ.

.355 out of 3 Sig P320’s

Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I have not tried the blue powder,but I am cheap and only shop for it at harbor freight[poor selection] Red Yellow White and blak.
Red works great,the rest are shit.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chansen92
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
I have not tried the blue powder,but I am cheap and only shop for it at harbor freight[poor selection] Red Yellow White and blak.
Red works great,the rest are shit.
I have shot a lot of powder coated bullets and unless you get high temp powder you won't have as good luck as you do with poly coated. Regular powder coating burns off to fast. If you cast your own and have a smelter just drop some powder coated ones in and watch the coating burn off then drop in a ploy coated bullet and watch the lead melt but the coating stays pretty much in tac even at temps as high as 800 degrees. To find high temp powder coating try ( [url=http://www.prismaticpowders.com]. If you want to coat your own just buy lead bullets with no lubricant and order the poly coat from`High Tec phone number is 225-324-4501 intructions are included. The whole process is quit easy.

Posts: 1622 | Location: owosso,Mi. USA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post