Some good pricing but only if it's worth it
anyone have comments ideas, going to use
RCBS carbide dies for sizing........any loads
you want to share ?....... G reg

NRA-GOA-NYSRPA-SCOPE
TN Firearms Association
April 25, 2019, 07:45 AM
NikonUser
I have Starline brass for my .41 Magnum. I bought it over 10 years ago. (I don't shoot handguns much at all these days and I would have to go dig up the details of the load.) Great stuff.

I'm even considering getting .308 brass from them for my next barrel on my match rifle. I usually buy Lapua exclusively for that, but Starline impresses me. A lot.
April 25, 2019, 09:57 AM
FN in MT
The only thing I find with new STARLINE brass is that it's "dry" when it's new, can't think of a better term. Whatever they use as a final clean up, really cleans up the brass. I found with 10mm, 41 and 44 mag that the expander/bell die DRAGS badly when the brass is new. (Dillon 550 with Dillon dies)

So now I tumble new brass for an hour or so. The walnut media as well as a dash of DILLON media additive (polish) solves that issue.

Once it's been fired, no issues.
April 25, 2019, 01:08 PM
MikeinNC
Great brass.

I’ve used star line for 357,38 spcl, & 44 mag.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker
April 25, 2019, 01:58 PM
Rodfac
Starline is by far the best brass I've used in .357, .41 & 44 Magnum and Special. It's tough, uniform in length and best of all, available. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.
April 28, 2019, 05:20 PM
curnarski
Hope I can help here. Starline brass is GTG. I have experienced no split cases with my moderate loadings for this caliber.

I normally load 215 grain jacketed, poly-coated, and lead bullets. With this bullet weight atop 7.0 grains of Unique or 8.0 grains of Herco, my S & W Model 58 shoots very close POA/POI at 25 yards with its fixed sights.

Good Luck!
May 09, 2019, 10:09 AM
prairieviper
Great brass, in my experience. I use it for .44 magnum.

"In God We Trust"
May 23, 2019, 04:49 PM
sns3guppy
I use Starline for .41, largely because there's no used brass out there in .41.
May 23, 2019, 05:49 PM
gearhounds
You cannot go wrong with Starline. Great stuff.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
September 25, 2019, 07:12 AM
Buster30290
+1 on the Kudos for Starline in general, and .41 Mag specifically.

Buster - "THE SENILITY PRAYER
God, grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway; the good fortune to run into the ones I do; and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until .......
September 27, 2019, 01:01 PM
fredj338
Starline is what everyone else has to measure by.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading
September 27, 2019, 06:17 PM
Steve in PA
I prefer Remington brass, but last year it seemed everyone was sold out, so I went with Starline. I purchased several hundred pieces for reloads in my Super Blackhawk and T/C Contender. I kept my Remington brass for my Super Redhawk. All three handguns are in .44 Magnum.

The Starline brass has been very good. I did get one split case while shooting in the Contender, but it could have just been a bad piece of brass. I have not had any issues with the brass since.

I would not hesitate to use Starline brass.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
October 07, 2019, 07:45 PM
sourdough44
About to buy some Starline 41 mag brass here. Just bought an early 80’s S&W Model 57, 6” barrel.

The gun is in great shape.
October 08, 2019, 04:16 AM
Plasteek
Starline is one of very few companies out there that simply makes brass and not ammo. They also produce brass for some of the ammo companies.

It's likely not the greatest brass EVER built, but it's as good as most anything... and in a chambering such as your .41 LC, which is an old time low-pressure round, it'll likely last as long as anything out there made by anyone in that caliber.

It's life span will depend more on the stiffness of your loads and the amount of roll crimp you employ as it will be about the name stamped on the case head.
October 17, 2019, 09:48 AM
226 Man
Great brass. I use it in .41 mag but find the primer pockets are a bit tight the first time I load them. The comment about it being “dry” is what I have experienced as well. An hour in the tumbler takes care of it.