Any experience with starline brass
in 41 mag ?

Some good pricing but only if it's worth it
anyone have comments ideas, going to use
RCBS carbide dies for sizing........any loads
you want to share ?....... G reg

NRA-GOA-NYSRPA-SCOPE
TN Firearms Association

Posts: 135 | Location: Volunteer of Tennessee | Registered: January 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Starline brass for my .41 Magnum. I bought it over 10 years ago. (I don't shoot handguns much at all these days and I would have to go dig up the details of the load.) Great stuff.

I'm even considering getting .308 brass from them for my next barrel on my match rifle. I usually buy Lapua exclusively for that, but Starline impresses me. A lot.

Posts: 2900 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
The only thing I find with new STARLINE brass is that it's "dry" when it's new, can't think of a better term. Whatever they use as a final clean up, really cleans up the brass. I found with 10mm, 41 and 44 mag that the expander/bell die DRAGS badly when the brass is new. (Dillon 550 with Dillon dies)

So now I tumble new brass for an hour or so. The walnut media as well as a dash of DILLON media additive (polish) solves that issue.

Once it's been fired, no issues.

Posts: 6216 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Great brass.

I’ve used star line for 357,38 spcl, & 44 mag.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Posts: 5876 | Location: Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Starline is by far the best brass I've used in .357, .41 & 44 Magnum and Special. It's tough, uniform in length and best of all, available. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights through and by the sacrifice of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 568 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope I can help here. Starline brass is GTG. I have experienced no split cases with my moderate loadings for this caliber.

I normally load 215 grain jacketed, poly-coated, and lead bullets. With this bullet weight atop 7.0 grains of Unique or 8.0 grains of Herco, my S & W Model 58 shoots very close POA/POI at 25 yards with its fixed sights.

Good Luck!

Posts: 45 | Location: SW PA USA | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
Great brass, in my experience. I use it for .44 magnum.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1973 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post