SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Loading Supplies Near Orlando?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loading Supplies Near Orlando? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
The local store on S.R. 436 in Apopka has closed.

Google isn't much help. Does anybody know of a source for powder & bullets in the Orlando area?

Altamonte Springs / Apopka area would be most convenient, if there is a choice.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I would just google up ‘gunshops’ then call and ask what they may have in reloading supplies. Most will be gunshops mainly, then possibly reloading supplies as an aside.

I’ve seen some advertise on Armslist too, a shop with reloading supplies, not a private seller. Of course for many of us, hard to beat mail order. I recently did a bulk order with Powder Valley, got some bullets from them too.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
hard to beat mail order.
I have not done an exhaustive search, but I did look at a few of the better known mail order places. Prices are attractive, but considering the very modest quantities that I need, HazMat shipping for powder is the killer. For small quantities, it's better for me to buy locally. A store that orders wholesale quantity can spread the HazMat and shipping cost over many containers of powder. I can only spread over one or two containers. Unless I can team up with somebody in the area who wants to order. Hmmm . . . an email will be going out soon to one or two people in the area.

I was buying my stuff from a small local reloading supply shop, but evidently he did not get enough traffic and the store is no longer in business.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Probably a bit far for you, but Everglades Ammunition has a big operation in Naples.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Got a mail from powder valley with free shipping on $150 purchase.
They are my go to guys for a decade now.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Hazmat is not a killer for mail order. Places like powder valley sell their powder for $30 less per 8, making the hazmat fee a wash for the first jug, and pure savings on the second.

Yesterday I ordered 16 pounds of A2230 from Brownells for $119.99 each. It’s $189-$209 locally. They had free shipping, but I paid the $19.99 hazmat fee. The $20 hazmat was less than I’d have paid in sales tax.

Maybe for single pounders to test loads, having it local is nice. But you can just throw the singles in on a regular order.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:

Couple questions:
  1. Is there a coupon code for this free shipping?

2. What about the HazMat fee? Do I still pay this, with free shipping?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:

Couple questions:
  1. Is there a coupon code for this free shipping?

2. What about the HazMat fee? Do I still pay this, with free shipping?

I dumped the mail and emptied the trash in my weekly clean up,sorry I can't be any help.
I get severl vendors trying to tease me daily and I am not buying anything,I am in the downsizing mode and have more supplies than I can burn up this late in life.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Bass Pro in Orlando.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check Cabalas

They have a store in Orlando
You can order on line and have it shipped to the local store and you should be able to avoid Haz Mat and other freight charges

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
Not exactly close, but Harbor Reloading Supply in Clearwater has the best selection of supplies and equipment I have ever seen... even stocks Dillon.

An added plus is you will drive right by "Deer Hunter Guns" on Hwy 60 as you go to Harbor... Deer Hunter has an amazing and unpredictable selection of choice guns... With mostly cool used stuff.

FWIW

CHuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1346 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC:
Check Cabalas

They have a store in Orlando
You can order on line and have it shipped to the local store and you should be able to avoid Haz Mat and other freight charges
I can't find anything named "Cabalas."

If you mean "Cabela's," I am not able to find a location in Orlando. Both Google and the Cabela's website were dead ends for Orlando locations. If you know of an Orlando location, can you post an address?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
http://www.spacecoastbullets.com/
This store is not convenient to you but they usually have a good
selection of powder and bullets.
They go to the gun shows in your area so if you need something
just give them a call and they will bring it to the show for you.
Hope this helps, Regards, Jack

Posts: 360 | Location: West Palm Beach | Registered: March 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops sorry no Cabelas near Orlando

I was mistaken

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack830:
http://www.spacecoastbullets.com/
This store is not convenient to you but they usually have a good
selection of powder and bullets.
Yeah, thanks Jack.

I stop in there sometimes when I visit a customer in the Melbourne area. I have no plans to be there in the near future, so I was asking whether anybody knew of a source anywhere near my home area.

It turns out that the little store near me in Apopka is NOT out of business (YAY!). I just found out that it is temporarily closed for remodeling. I thought, incorrectly, that it was gone for good, as the doors were locked last time I stopped there and there was no sign or anything.

Meantime, I expect to be in the Daytona area in two or three weeks to visit some of my customers there, and the Bass Pro website says there's a location there, so I'll check that.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
I stop in there sometimes when I visit a customer in the Melbourne area. I have no plans to be there in the near future, so I was asking whether anybody knew of a source anywhere near my home area.

I understand what you were asking. I live in Palm Beach County and the Gun Show Delivery by those guys has been very helpful for me. I thought it could be a source that would be helpful to those in the Orlando area. Regards, Jack

Posts: 360 | Location: West Palm Beach | Registered: March 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack830:
I live in Palm Beach County and the Gun Show Delivery by those guys has been very helpful for me. I thought it could be a source that would be helpful to those in the Orlando area. Regards, Jack
I emailed them after seeing your first post, to ask whether they stock what I'm looking for, and if so, whether they plan to be at either the Orlando or the Volusia County gun show.

That was couple days ago, no response yet.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
Jack[/QUOTE]I emailed them after seeing your first post, to ask whether they stock what I'm looking for, and if so, whether they plan to be at either the Orlando or the Volusia County gun show.

That was couple days ago, no response yet.[/QUOTE]

I hope it works out for you.
Best regards, Jack

posted Hide Post
V tail, if memory serves, you have some clients in the Deltona- DeLand area. If you happen to be up this way when they are open, Young Enterprises in Orange City usually has a pretty good supply of powder and primers. Click here for their website. Their hours are a bit abbreviated, but I have always been able to find what I was after.

I know it's not local to you, but might come in handy some day.

Posts: 33 | Location: Central FL | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fldigger:
V tail, if memory serves, you have some clients in the Deltona- DeLand area. If you happen to be up this way when they are open, Young Enterprises in Orange City usually has a pretty good supply of powder and primers.
Thanks, that's a good lead for me.

As luck would have it, I visit my Deltona customers monthly, usually on a Tuesday (actually, today is the day) and Young's website shows that they are closed on Tuesdays. Frown

I'll drop them an email note and see if they have what I want. If so, I'll find a way to get it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים