SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What reloading tools did you buy that made you say “Why did I wait so long?”
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What reloading tools did you buy that made you say “Why did I wait so long?” Login/Join 
Picture of dan-o
posted Hide Post
Sizing die wax instead of liquid case lubes. Haven't had a stuck case since

Posts: 572 | Location: Interior Alaska | Registered: May 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Redding taper and profile crimp dies for both
.44 Special and .45 acp.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bushing sizer dies.

“The more corrupt the State, the more numerous are its laws”
– Tacitus

Posts: 563 | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
My first progressive press.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best: Dillon 1050.

I use a Hornady LNL and love it, if that matters.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
When I was shooting lots and casting hundreds of pounds of bullets there was the Starr with the auto feed tube that was a dandy machine.Started with an old Lyman,that was terrible.
Modified it to my specs and turned my die and seats in the lathe.
Them little do dad will make you go broke for all the calibers I cast for.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
A Giraud case trimmer Great for volume trimming

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotta say, it was a Dillon 550B...I now have a pair of them, one for Lg primers, one for small. I loaded all my handgun and rifle ammunition on a Herter's #3 "C" press from 1962 on...nearly 40 years if memory serves...but...my #1 son let me use his Dillon when prepping for a match and that did it. I load for a dozen handgun calibers, cast my own bullets for all of them, but those Dillon presses are the cat's meow.

Small tools: I've got em all, pretty much tho in truth few are really needed unless you get to the bench rest category of accuracy. Here's one expample: For ease of trimming, a Lee case length trimmer, set up in a drill press makes quick work for rifle case trimming and you don't need to spend half the money you'd shell out for a good brand new Sig either.

Another example: A cpl different electronic scales...a waste...couldn't trust them, and yeah, I let 'em warm up before use. I've reverted to my ancient Redding beam scale, new in '62 for probably $15 or so.

I went through 5,000+ primers last year, and I'm not into any of the current fad in handgun games...just like to shoot here on the farm...it's a daily adventure...and my gear is just a two minute walk from the "range" for load work up...visitors with a shooter's eye, have told me it's a dream set up...

YMMv, Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 725 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A used Dillon 550B and a RCBS Chargemaster 1500 Smile

Posts: 14 | Registered: December 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
Giruad Tri way trimmers. Got a couple of them.

Built a PID for casting and began using a thermocouple with thermometer in the molds, and that changed the whole ballgame for casting.

Powdercoating bullets. I'll never lube another one.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easy, RCBS Big max. Not fast, but it makes precision .308 ammo like no other. I looked for a LONG time for one, and despite having a Dillon 450, and two 550's I'd sooner buy store ammo than use anything but the BM for .308.

Posts: 68 | Registered: June 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dillon 650 with case feeder. It’s fantastic!!! Someday, I hope to own a Giraud case trimmer.

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been wanting a bullet feeder for a while. During the black Friday deals this year I bought one.

I ask my self why I waited so long. Really speeds up the loading speeds.

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These multi-colored plastic (aluminum for 380) brass sorting trays....Made short work out of sorting gallons and gallons of mixed range brass....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is the inline fab handle different than the Dillion roller handle for the 650?

Posts: 547 | Location: Field of Dreams | Registered: September 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
The STM Rebel 17 Tumbler...

I noticed one of those on Amazon...I’ve been thinking about the Thumbler’s Tumbler...but that looks like an option...are you satisfied with it? it looks substantial...I’m interested...

The older I get I am slipping into the “buy once...cry once” frame of mind Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First it was the chargemaster 1500. Then it was a Dillon 650. Then I added a RT1200 trimmer to a tool head with a SB sizer for the 5.56. Cant wait to see what is next.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1MoreFord
posted Hide Post
A progressive press(Dillon 450). Then a primer pocket swager as I got into shooting .45's and found out how long lived military brass is. Also electronic scales for sorting things by weight.

Joe

Posts: 12 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: January 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

The KMS Squared LED light kit for Dillon 650. It's an easy install and perfectly lights up the entire shell plate from above.

Mine on a 550 and nothing but good to say about it

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far it's been an electronic powder measure vs a scale. I load a bunch of different stuff and that's definitely my "game changer".

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post