SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What reloading tools did you buy that made you say “Why did I wait so long?”
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What reloading tools did you buy that made you say “Why did I wait so long?” Login/Join 
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted
For me it was the following:

RCBS CM Lite electronic scale and dispenser

Caliber specific powder funnels

In-Line Fabrication press mount

Reloading is a hobby that has a never ending supply of items meant to enhance your reloading experience while separating you from your hard earned cash. The three items I mentioned were well worth the coin I spent and I would not hesitate to buy them again.

Please share your thoughts.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Little Crow case trimmer,damn ,I spent forty five years doing it the hard way with the manual lyman,rcbs,trimmers.
Suffered many thumb and index finger blisters.
Now days it all sits idle ,got way too much shif loaded.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dillon 650 with a casefeeder!! I can not imagine going back to loading the volume of ammo I shoot with my old Lyman turret press. I still use my Lyman a bit, and it reminds me quickly how slick the 650 is!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In-Line Fabrication roller handles

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is an interesting thread. Good question.

For me, the answer is going to be my Giraud case trimmer. 100 cases trimmed, chamfered and deburred perfectly in under 5 minutes.

I never got interested in progressive reloading because they only first came out about the time I stopped IPSC competition and returned to rifle competition for good.

I usually stay pretty current with my loading tools. I got a Chargemaster 1500 about a year or so after they were introduced.

I got the Trim Mate when it was first introduced; I sold it to a friend of mine after I got my Giraud trimmer; no need to chamfer/deburr after trimming.

I would say that another on that took a while to upgrade was my press. The original RCBS press I had served me well for close to 30 years, but I changed it for a Redding T-7 and that's another one I should have done earlier. That press is amazing. I gave my RCBS to a young shooter who wanted to get into handloading.

I got the autotrickler pretty early on and the autothrow not too long after it was introduced. I did get one of the first V3 upgrades.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for a Dillon 650 with case feeder. Just when I thought it could not get any better than that, I got a tool head with a Dillon power trimmer.

Before the Dillon, it was an RCBS chargmaster 1500.

I had used a Reloader Special 5 for 20 or so years with a spoon, trickle and an old 1010 scale.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
The STM Rebel 17 Tumbler...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The KMS Squared LED light kit for Dillon 650. It's an easy install and perfectly lights up the entire shell plate from above.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every time I buy something from Dillon

Sq Deal

Then a 650

Then a

Case feeder for the Dillon 650

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
The Chargemaster 1500. The Giraud Tri-way trimmer.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
L.E. Wilson case gauges. I love them so much I purchased one for every bottleneck cartridge I own and load, which is a lot. Makes setting up a sizing die properly so easy.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
PMA die adjusting tool. It's A
Single stage press tool. I can make small adjustments for shoulder bump.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
A&D FX120i with Auto Trickler and Auto Throw. Sold my CM 1500. I've had this system for several years. Recently upgraded to the V3 with Bluetooth board. Took 2 1/2 months to get it. Plan to set it up this weekend.

And more recently, Dillon 550. Use it with Wheeler floating tool heads for my precision loads. Weight the powder charge with the A&D scale, Trickler and Throw. Big time safer compared to pulling the handle on a single stage. A Dillon 650 is used for other calibers I reload.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Thumbless tumbler with stainless steel pins.....

And Redding full length re sizing die with a neck bushing. I take out the expander ball and voila!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
One of these: Cool

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Tungston Carbide dies.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
LED Light kit, riser mount and roller handle from InLine Fabrication.

Case feeder for the Dillon 650, I tried for about a 1,000rds just loading the tube. What a pain.

A ShockBottle 100rd case gauge. This thing is so nice. Check 100rds at a time and then flip into a Dillon or MTM 100rd plastic ammo case.

I have a bullet feeder on the way, that's probably going to be my next favorite.

I do like the DAA Automatic Brass marker though. It's touchy but does well enough to make it easier to spot my brass.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A RCBS Bullet Puller Plastic Hammer.
Comes in handy and easy to use.

Posts: 1306 | Location: Nor-cal | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

The KMS Squared LED light kit for Dillon 650. It's an easy install and perfectly lights up the entire shell plate from above.

A great addition. Mine for the 550.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
The bullet feeder is now my new favorite! It was pretty easy to set up, works well and works fine with the coated Blue Bullets that I use.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post