SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What reloading tools did you buy that made you say “Why did I wait so long?”
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What reloading tools did you buy that made you say “Why did I wait so long?” Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A primer tube filler is the latest. In my case, a DAA Primer Pro. It’s been working well with Winchester small pistol primers. It’s supposed to work even better with CCI.

Looking for an Alaskan Malamute? Look here: http://www.moonsongmals.org
Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !

Posts: 7616 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
+1 on the Giraud case trimmer. Fantastic for trimming cases, and fast.

Posts: 736 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My local Academy had a Lee 50th Anniversary kit sitting on the shelf. I picked it up as a birthday present for myself. I paired it with some RCBS tungsten carbide full length dies (coincidentally, it seems I got small base dies) in both 308 and 223.

It beats the hell out of the hand press I had been using. And the carbide dies? Heavenly. Lubrication is still necessary but the force required to resize over my old full length dies is significantly reduced (though I'm not sure if the old ones were damaged; the force required for sizing was...substantial...at best).

I've also got a WCT on order (set to arrive Friday).nice had a couple of .223 cases jump out of the shell holder on my Lyman EZ Trim with the drill adapter and chew up my thumb. Even if the quality ends up mediocre it'll still be a welcome addition.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 2685 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
Shockbottle Hundo case gauge. Have not had a stage go to sh!% because of a FTF since. Wish that was the only reason I screw up a stage .......

There are none so blind as those who will not see

Posts: 470 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Been searching Amazon wear house deals...I’ve picked up at a substantial discount a
Frankford Arsenal Deluxe wet tumbler w/everything for $128 Prime...a Lyman American 8turret press for $204 Prime...they both are great and were received with just minimal damage to the box...the Lyman American 8 Turret press and the Frankfort Arsenal wet tumbler were GTG...never any issues with the Amazon deals Cool YMMV Wink...The Lyman is so much user friendly than the RCBS presses...no drama on changing dies Big Grin to make changes with dies! YMMV Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10051 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the eff up on this post Frown... it’s late for this old man...it is what it is Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10051 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post