Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

357 sig dies Login/Join 
Picture of dubdubu
posted
What would be the better dies to use for a single stage press? Been uappy with RCBS for my straigt wall cartridges but unsure if thats the way to go for this one.

Posts: 40 | Location: St Louis Co, Mo | Registered: November 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Do NOT buy the RCBS. When the round came out they got the headspace wrong I don't think it has ever been corrected. Everyone else got it right, so Hornady, Redding even Lee work fine. I load on a progressive & hate case lubing or tedious extra step of sizing in a carbide 40 so went with Dillon carbide. You would need an expander though, but carbide is the way to go for me.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7567 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubdubu
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 40 | Location: St Louis Co, Mo | Registered: November 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
Dillon carbide dies... a bit spendy but very high quality and will be the only set you will ever have to buy...

BTW, if you will size your 357SIG cases in a .40SAW carbide die before you size in the 357SIG die you will find the process much easier...

FWIW

Chuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1235 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubdubu
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the great replies.

posted Hide Post
I have had success with many many 357Sig Rounds using Lee dies.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tango Sierra
posted Hide Post
Lee 357sig dies didn't work so well for me on my Dillon RL550B so I ponied up for the expensive Dillon carbide 357sig dies and they work great without out any special steps needed for progressive reloading. Even though the dies are carbide Dillon recommends using lube. I use Hornady One Shot, but I do that with all my pistol calibers. The press just runs smoother.

Posts: 4100 | Location: North Central Illinois | Registered: November 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubdubu
posted Hide Post
An update on my Progress. Went to my LGS to see what they had for dies. Turns out all they had was RCBS. I stated how they have headspace issues and he agreed and said lets load up some and he would adjust the headspace as needed. Turns out they sized up just fine and so far I have put about 75 rounds downrange. My 239 is happy, I'm happy and there is about 6 dead pieces of paper.