SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Converted some .260 brass to 6.5 Creedmoor.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Converted some .260 brass to 6.5 Creedmoor. Login/Join 
Picture of Ken226
posted
I have about 600ish peices of .260 brass and no .260. I decided to try converting them to Creedmoor just to see if it would work.

It was way easier than i thought it would be. I cleaned the .260 cases, trimmed them to length with a lee trimmer chucked in my dewalt cordless drill.

Lubed, ran them through a hornady creedmoor sizing die and then measured the necks.

The neck walls were .0145 thick. The overall neck diameter of a loaded round was .293.

Shot out of a custom built FN SPR

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mossyoak1
posted Hide Post
well done and good to know

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 471 | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue68f100
posted Hide Post
A lot of time you end up reaming the necks or turning them to get a even neck wall thickness. This is the case on the 308W I sized down to 6.5 CM. Good to know the 260 are a little less work.

David

P229R 9mm, Nitron, Beavertail Frame, Night Sights, DA/SA, SRT & Short Reach Trigger

Posts: 3464 | Location: Piney Woods of East Texas | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ken226....

Are you in need of 6.5 Creedmoor brass?? Or was this an experiment??

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post