New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dillon Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted
I've been awful busy and my new in the box 550B is still not out of the box and set up.

I just looked online to price some accessories and what do I find? The 550C.

What? When did this happen?

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Shot.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Don't keep up. What's the difference?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Seems they added grease fittings on the arms,takes needle valve fitting on your grease
gun.
Looks like the engineering department are creating fixes for problems I never encountered.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
HA! Rem Oil baby!!

Thanks,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
Seems they added grease fittings on the arms,takes needle valve fitting on your grease
gun.
Looks like the engineering department are creating fixes for problems I never encountered.

Probably only high volume loaders need grease. Wink

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
gun.

Probably only high volume loaders need grease. Wink

Ha,I put a drop of slick 50 on my pens on the 550 about twenty years back,still working Big Grin

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Smokey99
posted Hide Post
Solution to non-existent problem. Had my 550 since '84. Loaded about 200K rounds. Just a little oil squirted in the gaps from time to time - and a little on the ram.

"Son, always take your paper to the woods" - my dad
NRA Endowment Life Member
3 Gun, PCC, IDPA, Bullseye Shooter

Posts: 315 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Well i wouldnt say non existent, you do need to lube the press working points. I'm not selling my 20yr old one but grease fittings are a good idea.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
It has a different frame now but so does the 650. They changed the pivots too but the C doesn't do anything the B can't, except the C will be less likely to be confused with the BL.

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
This is the new 550 frame.

And the new 650 frame.

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
FWIW they had already added a lube zerk to the 550 B on the lower link pivot before the frame change.

posted Hide Post
I wish that my 650 did have grease zerks, but not enough to sell my 650 to buy one with them.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Smokey99
posted Hide Post
Take apart, drill some holes, screw fittings in!

"Son, always take your paper to the woods" - my dad
NRA Endowment Life Member
3 Gun, PCC, IDPA, Bullseye Shooter

Posts: 315 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love zerks - let you keep things slicked up - but I have been running my 550B for ~20 years and every few years I put a little light oil between the moving parts of the ram, and clean the ram & put either 30wt oil or ATF on it. The ram gets dirty, and dirt will eventually score the ram & bore.

Maj, USAF, Ret.
Life Member: DAV, MOAA, SCV, TSRA, and VFW,
NRA Benefactor

Posts: 14 | Location: Low Country of South Carolina | Registered: May 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
The ram gets dirty, and dirt will eventually score the ram & bore.

I don't reload in a sand storm the last forty years with a pickup truck bed loaded with a vast assortment
House is pretty clean for a widower. Wink