Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Primers Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
And CCI BR4.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And Rem 7 1/2, my favorite match small rifle primer.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:
They have small rifle AR match. Not good?

Dunno, never tried them.

But my understanding is that AR primers have harder cups than regular primers, so for bolt gun use, probably no bueno.

I'm fairly well stocked right now anyway, I was just paying attention for buddies.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
You had me going for a minute there. The FGM LRM and SPM are both showing backorder status, and they don't take orders for backordered products. Did you actually order some? Cuz, I haven't been able to find any Federal Match rifle primers in either size for one helluva long time now.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geez, that changed fast. Sorry.

posted Hide Post
what's wrong with CCI primers and Dillon equipment? I use an XL650 press and have loaded tons of CCI primers. Am I doing something wrong?

Is it possible for a private citizen to ship primers to someone else? I've got 4,500 FED SPP that I'd be happy to swap for CCI or Win SPP if I knew how to handle the shipping (do not ask me for this trade, please...I will list them in proper forum section when ready to seek out a trade). I was trying to use up the Federal primers because they tend to crush too easily when loading in my press. After I use them up, I am just going to use Win or CCI. I just don't know how to ship them to anyone. If I can figure that out, I'd list them in the appropriate forum section (buy, sell).

Posts: 695 | Registered: June 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't even think of trying to ship primers on your own.

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valleyforge.1777:
what's wrong with CCI primers and Dillon equipment? I use an XL650 press and have loaded tons of CCI primers. Am I doing something wrong?

Is it possible for a private citizen to ship primers to someone else? I've got 4,500 FED SPP that I'd be happy to swap for CCI or Win SPP if I knew how to handle the shipping (do not ask me for this trade, please...I will list them in proper forum section when ready to seek out a trade). I was trying to use up the Federal primers because they tend to crush too easily when loading in my press. After I use them up, I am just going to use Win or CCI. I just don't know how to ship them to anyone. If I can figure that out, I'd list them in the appropriate forum section (buy, sell).

Yeah, no. Primers are considered hazardous material. You can't ship them unless you're a hazmat certified shipper, and then there's a pile of paperwork and labeling and packaging and... That's why we pay the extra $28.50 to have them shipped from an online retailer.

I don't know where you're located, but you may still have luck with a local trade. Check gun clubs, many have buy/sell corkboards where you can pin up an ad. Or try Armslist.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mills Fleet Farm has Federal primers on hand, sold only in 100 packs $4.75 + tax, Not for me. These are the first Federal primers that I have seen in my area in a few years.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post