SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    460 s&w help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

460 s&w help Login/Join 
posted
Ok I've decided that I want too use Cast Performance 325gr. LFNGC . But all the data I've found is for plain base not gas check, anyone have any ideas were I can find some accurate data.
Thanks

Posts: 636 | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
What load have you been using for the 325 jacketed ones you have been loading?

I suspect that what you want to do ,
is a head scratch-er like I went thru years back with the Roland 460.
With gas checks in my 44 mag I run about the same as I do with lead bullets,don't see the need to abuse my guns.
I have switched totally away from lead,gas checks etc and now coat all my pistol rounds.
Mainly because of the grease streaks [wax]in the dammest places plus my hands.
Went the book routs and bought up to date ones,never found what was necessary in my case so I just did the ladder thingy.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you got the bullets yet?

The last two CP HC I bought had some load info inside the box. It was 45/454 and 44 but I don't think any 460.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
What powder? The Hodgdon site has a fair amount of data to get you going.

http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/pistol

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Same bullet I run in my FA 83, .454 Cassull. 20.0 of 2400, 7 1/2 primer and I get 1200 from a 7.5" barrel. Still shoots through an elk at far less than full Cassull velocity.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post