SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Karma: 45 Auto Rim brass Winner Webley Green!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted
Before I get to the karma, a little story. (bear with me)
Yesterday I was chronographing some loads out of a new to me glock 30. I don't shoot it very well. Sure a shootin, I put a 230 gr fmj right through the box. "It's dead, Jim." Went right to my LGS and traded it for a g17. Did I tell you I've had the flu for six days and am just starting to feel well.
Now, today.
I decide to go to Goodwill to look for an office chair for my shop where I do all my reloading. On the way, I stop for a soda at my local Gas and Sip. While there, I get some scratchers. I go into Goodwill, and right in front of the store I spy 5 office chairs. I grab 2 and go to cash out, and they were 4.99 each! Well built, soft and cushy, and near brand new. Yah!
Get home, put the chairs in the shop. Went and sat on the couch, started scratching. First ticket, 100 dollars. Second ticket, 7 dollars. The rest losers. Will help me towards a new chrono.
Tonight, sitting an same sofa, I hear an email notification. Open it and I won a karma in the pistols section foar a p239 357 mag. ( thanks, Steve!)
Needless to say, I have to please the forum Gods, before something goes horribly wrong. Now for the karma.

Approx 280 pieces of new, unprimed, Rem 45 auto rim brass. Conditions are be a reloader and own a 625 or a 1917 Smith, or any other revolver that shoots 45 acp. Being a slow area of the forum, I'll give it til Sunday night and let the Karmanator work its magic. (I got these at auction, thinking they were 45 acp. Can't afford a 625 these days.)
Good luck and good shooting.

o5

This message has been edited. Last edited by: orion5,

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Count me in!
My old S&W will love them!

Thanks.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to have them. I own two(2) revolvers in 45LC that I have been wanting to try out 45AR brass in them. I have been a handloader longer than I want to admit to. Thanx

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in for my 625!

Posts: 239 | Location: The Great Salt Lake | Registered: November 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a wonderful Karma. I have a S&W Model 25-2 and a Model 625. Please include me. Thank You.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please count me in this - I reload the .45 auto rim in my Webley Mark V and my Enfield Mark IV Revolvers. The Webley Mark V is marked 5th Wing RFC. Enfield ended up Australia, having the D ownership stamp.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
I've got a Colt 1917 revolver that would LOVE these! I am a reloader, please count me in.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
Include me please... my Model 25 and 1917s both love AR.

Thanks...

V/r

Chuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1346 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
Winner is webley green. Congrats. Thanks to all for entering.

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Orion, 280 times Thanks.

The Webleys got some new Auto Rim shells.

Email was sent.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I would love to have them. I own two(2) revolvers in 45LC that I have been wanting to try out 45AR brass in them. I have been a handloader longer than I want to admit to. Thanx

.45 Auto Rim cannot be used in .45 Long Colt revolvers - the rim is way too thick.

Posts: 121 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post