SIGforum
Hornady Auto Charge

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/840601935/m/1540043524

June 06, 2017, 02:21 PM
Anubismp
Hornady Auto Charge
So I very stupidly was carrying my beam scale over to my reloading area on top of some manuals and off it slid to the floor. Damn my height, it fell about 6 feet or so and then decided staying in one piece was fo suckas.

Long story short, I decided this was a sign and ordered a Hornady Auto Charge from Midsouth for $159. I have been lamenting about not having a lot of time to reload and my powder charging being the longest portion of it so I think this will speed things up without adding any danger and make it easier to measure out charges for finding pet loads.

For any of you who have used one are there any tips for using it and maintaining it?
June 06, 2017, 05:00 PM
NikonUser
Offhand, I would counsel against carrying it on top of reloading manuals.
June 06, 2017, 05:00 PM
rduckwor
Go to McDonlads and buy a drink. Save the straw. Cut it about an inch long and stick it in the powder outlet. Helps reduce overthrows. Also, leave it on 24/7 and calibrate it every time you use it.
RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.
June 06, 2017, 10:46 PM
Anubismp
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:

Smile Burn but I had it coming. Rduckwor, thanks for the tip I heard about a straw but not the length so thank you for the details.
June 08, 2017, 04:42 PM
rduckwor
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:

Smile Burn but I had it coming. Rduckwor, thanks for the tip I heard about a straw but not the length so thank you for the details.

Welcome. If you're really artsy-fartsy, you can cut serrations in the exit end of the straw which helps even more.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.