from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
I have had one go off, out of several dozen,

it startled me, but did no damage to the press, die, brass, decap pin, or me,

just a pop, some gas, me going 'oh shit' and moved on

I got over this fear at a very young age. My brothers and I used to set them off on the basement floor with a hammer. We thought it was great fun, but dad was not amused.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had this happen just this weekend (actually, primer in SIDEWAYS. Go figure). Pull bullet, dump powder, then size/deprime. No issue as long as you go SLOW. It's not really the pressure of the action, but the speed in which the primer cup is deformed, IMHO

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimTheo:
Had this happen just this weekend (actually, primer in SIDEWAYS. Go figure). Pull bullet, dump powder, then size/deprime. No issue as long as you go SLOW. It's not really the pressure of the action, but the speed in which the primer cup is deformed, IMHO

I just throw them out keep going. Don't bother with any depriming or bullet pulling. It's not worth my time for the xtra time that takes. Unless of course you are talking hard to prep rifle brass. For pistol, just toss them and keep on going.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm too damn cheap to do that.

Character defect.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post