Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning brass Login/Join 
Saluki
posted
I’ve been gifted 40 rounds of 300WM nickel plated once fired brass.

Anyone have experience with the quality? I haven’t worked with plated before anything I should be aware of?

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Should be good to go,the only brass that ever flaked of in places was remington and that was on rare occasion.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I’ll keep that in mind as I run them through the dies.

I like the unique headstamp. It’ll be easy to keep a special load separated. My 200gr NPT are in brass, and the 180gr NPT are Federal factory nickel. These might just get some 150gr pills.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I sometimes used nickel plated cases to differentiate cases for certain guns or loads. I’d say it’s really just one of the handfuls making brass then stamping the Browning initials on the case.

I’ll take whatever from the non-reloaders. I may have a use or find it a good home, possibly use it as trading stock.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know that this is an older (6 months), but Browning brass is made by Winchester, as is the ammunition.

Happiness is hitting your target.

Posts: 10 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: August 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Slightly different but the Browning marked .45acp brass, I have reloaded without any sort of issue. In fact I have 100 primed Browning .45acp cases waiting for powder and bullets as I type this.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post