SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Sig P320 Compact Milt Sparks Holster (problem)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 Compact Milt Sparks Holster (problem) Login/Join 
posted
You guys may find this interesting...TGS has a Milt Sparks holster for the P320 Carry available. Clearly in the description on their website is states "Does no fit P320 Compact". I was quite confused by this since I thought the only difference between the Carry and Compact model was the grip length. I emailed TGS to find out...here is their reply:

"it means that the Carry and Compact are slightly different in the critical trigger guard dimensions. You would have thought that Sig would have kept the grip modules identical except for the length of the dust cover and the grip. But Sig changed the trigger guard dimensions between the time they introduce the Carry and the Compact. The trigger guard is just different enough in one dimension that the Compact will not fully seat in the holster. Go figure. Sparks knows about the problem, and we are just waiting on them to build the holsters. The issue is that they need a blue gun around which to bone the holsters"

From this I get that Sparks can't even make the Compact holster at the moment and with the scarcity of P320 parts I don't expect the blue gun to show up for the holster makers anytime soon...ugh

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Interesting... My Compact and Carry use the same holsters, with a perfect fit either way. And several of those holsters are Kydex, which is typically less forgiving on dimensional differences than leather.

Edit: Upon further reflection, it could just be that Carry guns work in Compact holsters, but Compact guns don't work in Carry holsters. I believe all my holsters are molded for the Compact specifically.

Posts: 32426 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ozarks Holster Co.
Picture of dosborn81
posted Hide Post
The only difference between the Carry an Compact grip module is the rail area. The Compact has one more notch cut out (closer to the trigger guard). Otherwise, they are virtually identical other than the grip length, including the trigger guard.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Posts: 9147 | Location: Nixa, MO | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dosborn81:
The only difference between the Carry an Compact grip module is the rail area. The Compact has one more notch cut out (closer to the trigger guard). Otherwise, they are virtually identical other than the grip length, including the trigger guard.

Yep, I tote both a carry and compact in the same VM2. No issues.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sparks is only making a production holster, for folks like Top Gun, for the 320 Compact. If the Carry happens to fit, which it does, no harm no foul.

For individual customers, they will build a holster for your gun.

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post