SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    IWB Belt clips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IWB Belt clips Login/Join 
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted
What type / manufacturer of holster belt clips do you guys like and trust? I am thinking about playing with some kydex and want to find a good solid clip for a single clip design and a two clip design. stability and integrity are paramount.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YMMV but I prefer Snap Loops. Long Lasting, secure and easy to put on and take off.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
YMMV but I prefer Snap Loops. Long Lasting, secure and easy to put on and take off.

Definitely.

I've tried a wide variety of belt clips. Plastic, kydex, metal, big, small, wide, thin, etc. Even fancy and expensive ones. And I have never found one that holds to 100% of my belts 100% of the time. Invariably, there's a time when after moving, twisting, bending, or sitting just right, the clip starts to comes detached from the belt.

Granted, most of the time it wasn't anything dramatic, and I've never had a holster just come all the way off on its own and flop the gun out onto the ground. Usually I'd simply notice that at some point recently, the clip had started to work its way up off the belt, and I'd have to reseat it. It made me paranoid about checking my holster clips every time I moved around or bent over a lot, or stood up from sitting down, or got in/out of a car.

Because going to drawing your gun and having the whole holster come out of your waistband so you're holding a holstered gun is a bad feeling. Trust me.

(Caveat: These issues are primarily experienced with thinner nylon instructor/rigger belts, which is typically what I wear most of the time. The issue is much less common with thicker dual-layer leather gun belts.)

As a result, I've switched to exclusively using snap loops on all my IWB holsters, even when that means custom retrofitting holsters that I like but that aren't offered with loops. I've had zero issue with snap loops coming undone or coming off the belt, no matter what type of belt I use or how much or how vigorously I move around. They're much more secure, which is much more comforting.

Just make sure you're buying snap loops with genuine one-way Pull The Dot snaps. Plain old omnidirectional snaps can come unsnapped if bumped or while moving around.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own several holsters from High Noon Holsters and have never had a holster move or fall out due to the clip they use. It's more secure than any loop and snap type system. Another good one is the clip Mitch Rosen uses. Same thing.

Posts: 5732 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I own several holsters from High Noon Holsters and have never had a holster move or fall out due to the clip they use. It's more secure than any loop and snap type system.

While I don't doubt that you've never had a problem with their belt clips (and probably won't, depending on what type of belt you use and other factors), I have a hard time seeing how an open-bottom clip could ever be more secure than a fully enclosed snap loop. Wink

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I own several holsters from High Noon Holsters and have never had a holster move or fall out due to the clip they use. It's more secure than any loop and snap type system.

While I don't doubt that you've never had a problem with their belt clips (and probably won't, depending on what type of belt you use and other factors), I have a hard time seeing how an open-bottom clip could ever be more secure than a fully enclosed snap loop. Wink

It's not an open bottom clip. More like a J clip. It wraps around, under and up the belt.

Posts: 5732 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Velcro clips and Velcro lined belts.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
For lighter guns, clips are okay for me. For anything G19 size or heavier, I much prefer loops with one-way snaps, and holsters with dual attachment points. For clips, my favorites are the ones from High Noon and G-Code. The High Noon clips are very strong and will not come off the belt. It securely clips over the belt and has a hook that goes around the bottom of the belt. I believe they only come in one size (1.75"), so if you have a narrower belt, there could be a little movement. The G-Code clips are some kind of plastic but not any of the standard materials I'm used to seeing plastic clips made out of. They are the most durable and secure plastic clips I've found. They are quite flexible with a negative angle that helps push the gun inward toward your body. FIST and Mitch Rosen use a very strong steel clip with a hook at the bottom but they haven't worked well for me with thick leather belts. There's not enough clearance for some of your really thick leather gunbelts (i. e. Armour).

High Noon

G-Code

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
I like J hook clips. Just a little shows on the belt and they are very secure when the gun is drawn.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1110 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post