SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Shoulder holsters (226 etc.) Vertical or horizontal?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shoulder holsters (226 etc.) Vertical or horizontal? Login/Join 
posted
I have a nice horizontal shoulder holster for another carry piece but am looking to get one for my 226. First inclination is to go vertical but a lot of folk have horizontal out there. What's your opinion?

Question:
Do you prefer a vertical or horizontal shoulder rig -
or do you just not like all shoulder rigs at all?

Choices:
vertical
horizontal
neither

Posts: 183 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I really like my Alessi Bodyguard horizontal shoulder rig for my SIG P238. Of course, it's smaller than your P226, but a fellow I know carries his X5 Comp in a Bodyguard. He's a big guy, though. Horizontal rigs make for an easier draw, if you're big enough to accommodate them.

Such rigs are great under a sport coat, especially while driving.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I've carried a shoulder holster quite a bit. I'm able to hide a 5" 1911, but I'm 6'3" and 260#. It can be done, but it all depends on your size and build.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Horizontal is the only way to pull for me, and that is the way I went.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Siting in a car wearing the horizontal it's easy to grasp the Sig.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
My preference is for the horizontal, but I need a vertical for anything longer than a 229, G19 or Colt Commander

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post