SIGforum
What does your state require for CCW qualification?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/9820028954

October 23, 2020, 01:48 PM
HayesGreener
What does your state require for CCW qualification?
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
In contrast, I run a 10-hour CWFL course 3-4 times a year which FAR exceeds anything required by the state. When people call to inquire, I tell them if you just want the card, use a DD214 or go to a 2-hour class at a gun show, but if you want to learn something, come spend the day with us. As a result I get a lot of novices with very little or no gun experience, and a few experienced shooters who really want to learn about the law. About half are women, and we get a number of realtors. We shoot a 45 round course from various ready positions at 3, 5, and 7 yards, and a few strings from the 1-yard line. When they leave they have been taught about gun safety, use of force law, firearms and ammunition function, how to choose a pistol, carry methods, shooting fundamentals, and they have shot a qualifying course of fire. Not a requirement, but these folks felt that if they are going to carry a gun, they ought to know how and when to use it.

HayesGreener, where in the panhandle are you located? My FIL lives in Pensacola, and I've been on his case for years to go get his permit. The training requirement has been his big hangup...he just hasn't made the time to go get it done. It sounds to me like your class might be a good Christmas present opportunity for him, if you're close. Any chance you could email me details?
We are in north Santa Rosa County near NAS Whiting Field. Email sent to you with details

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
October 24, 2020, 12:30 AM
92fstech
Thank you, sir! Responded.
November 25, 2020, 09:46 PM
PrinceAliFabulousHe
Washington State - A pulse, a clean background, and $50 if you want it laminated (at least in Kittitas County)