SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    What does your state require for CCW qualification?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What does your state require for CCW qualification? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Got my carry permit in Pa today . No classes needed .. I had one 20 years ago but let it expire ,, Anyway Pa must be one of the easiest to get because as some one else already pointed out in this thread i is simple 1 page aplication with 2 references required .. Snap your pic hand you a laminated card collect 20 bucks and send you on your merry way ,, Good for 5 years.. They are of course extra busy because of the corona and riots so they are staying open till 8pm 2 days a week to better serve the public

Posts: 39 | Location: pennsylvainia | Registered: July 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NH has constitutional carry so literally nothing. If you want a permit for travel (I keep one for this), $10 and a one page application to the local PD. They have 2 weeks to issue it. My first time around back in 2007, an officer even delivered it to me. You couldn't even have a pizza delivered in town back then. haha.

Posts: 2051 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yup! A pulse may even be optional. But the lack of training or qualification has always held us back when it comes to reciprocal agreements.

But still, there are only 17 states that do not allow a PA resident to carry a concealed firearm in that state without a separate concealed carry license issued by that state.

So 33 out of 50 isn't to bad for a simple $20 and a walk in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Teaching is a skill,
Standing in front of people and talking is
standing in front of people and talking.

After four c.w. permit classes in three states , In thirty years.

I found my Illinois 16 hour " class" to be 8/10 th's a giant joke.

The test is to see how long you can endure opinions, babble and anicdotes.

a dozen youtube video's
including two with Hickock 45 and two with Mas Ayoob

Very disappointing

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 50605 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They ( the state)
Says that we will get our cards within 120 days,
Since covid,
And 20 less state employees, to process the permits.

It's looking more like 200 days

Permit requests are up in The Landing of Lincoln, by 35%

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 50605 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
8 hour class. 50 rounds fired at three different distances to show proficiency.
I’ve had mine since the beginning of the program in Texas, 1995.
It has changed quite a bit since then.
After all my renewals, I basically just have to go online and give them a CC number. No class, no shooting. TXDPS sends me a new card.

Posts: 5896 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tinyman:
In Alabama, I showed my Retired Military card, filled in the application, paid $1.00 for lamination, and walked. Only bad thing is since my prior military service the CCW must be done annually -- the good thing is it only cost one buck for lamination. Enjoyed talking to the office lady too. RTR

On my renual, found out the money collected goes to the sheriffs office, so paid $75 for five year CCW -- plastic and they got my photo from "the system" -- same pic that is on my drivers license. Figured money well spent and don't have to stand in line again till I'm 76.

Tinyman

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

To disarm the people is the best and most effectual ways to enslave them. George Mason

Posts: 197 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post