SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Looking for a good carry belt with small buckle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a good carry belt with small buckle Login/Join 
Picture of rockchalk06
posted
I’ve decided to try and find a quality belt for carry. 99% of the time, I carry IWB. I need some thing that has a low profile buckle. I have several Blackhawk and Wilderness belts (love em) but the buckle can really hurt my gut at times. I’m usually sitting at my desk most the day or in my Ram on the road.

Thanks in advance

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I've been experimenting with this belt for a couple weeks now. So far, I like it.

About the most minimal buckle design short of getting a buckle-less all velcro closure like the one from Crossbreed.

https://www.mastermindtactics....hop-graith-edc-gear/

Posts: 7420 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it helps, but The Beltman makes a 1.5" belt that narrows to 1.25" at the front. I believe some other makers offer similar designs.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
I've been experimenting with this belt for a couple weeks now. So far, I like it.

About the most minimal buckle design short of getting a buckle-less all velcro closure like the one from Crossbreed.

https://www.mastermindtactics....hop-graith-edc-gear/

Thank you. This was exactly what I was looking for. Less than 40 dollars shipped too.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Ive been looking at that belt since I bought one of their holsters... keep me posted on how yall like it, please!

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Several companies make ranger belts, or belts with a taper at the buckle, smaller buckle. El Paso leather, Comptac, literally dozens of makers.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with the newer 5.11 casual belts.

They are also on sale through many of the outlets that carry them (5.11 has two bigger sales each year - now and around Black Friday).

https://www.511tactical.com/ar...-belt-1-12-wide.html

https://www.lapolicegear.com/5...493-arc-leather.html

Posts: 2770 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bigfoot gun belts- they are thick and I wear it when on a detail wearing a suite. Bigfoot makes 1.25 inch small buckles and a 1.5 inch belt. Prices are fair, well worth a look. These are leather belts and can be had with a reinforced metal band within the two layers of leather, I have the reinforced model and love it but, it is about3-4 mm thick.

Posts: 247 | Location: New York | Registered: January 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at nexbelt.com

Posts: 5414 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4983 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Look at nexbelt.com

I'm not the OP but I've got a bad feeling about nexbelt. It didn't stop me from ordering one though Big Grin Should be here Fri.
The reviews I came across all seemed be done after a few months of wear. And of those, a couple were negative for parts failure already. I'm hoping this belt doesn't have too many parts to fail. But I'm giving them a try because I like how you fit the belt yourself.

ETA: The nexbelt "Titan BD Black PreciseFit Gun Belt" has arrived.
Initially impression, I like it. Wore it to dinner w/ my P239.
I'm not sure if this falls into the OP's consideration but this belt is really easy to adjust on the fly.
While sitting at your desk, steering wheel, or Thanksgiving table, casually reach down w/ one hand, finger the switch, and the belt relaxes open a bit.
When you do stand up and tug it back snug, it does make some audible clicks. Nothing terribly loud though.
I hope mine lasts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dsiets,

Posts: 7346 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for a dress belt that looks like regular belt with a jacket opened check out Mitch Rosen Leather. He makes a belt for suit & tie security officers. Good sturdy belt nicely made but pricy. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Mastermind style belt that I really like. Love it

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
I have been using one of these daily for 15 years:
http://www.kramerleather.com/p...ctID=34&categoryID=2

Every 6 to 9 months I hit it with a little bit of leather dye to keep it looking good.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bshnt 2015
posted Hide Post
https://www.first-spear.com/te...-one-belt-biothane-r

I've been using the First-Spear belt for the past year. A decent belt but the belt buckle black paint is wearing off from daily use. Either a better coating on it or use another method to coat the buckle.

Posts: 250 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Dsiets - Tom from Nexbelt. Just to clarify and give you piece of mind. We did have some issues where the pins backed out. And the rate was low but we're interested in making it perfect for guys like you who rely on your firearms for protection - so we redesigned and replaced the pins with stainless steel hex screws like you would find on high end watches. It cost us more to make and assemble (the price is the same) but it becomes a superior reliable product. We are proud to say we're the only one in the industry to do this. Thanks for your purchase.

quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Look at nexbelt.com

I'm not the OP but I've got a bad feeling about nexbelt. It didn't stop me from ordering one though Big Grin Should be here Fri.
The reviews I came across all seemed be done after a few months of wear. And of those, a couple were negative for parts failure already. I'm hoping this belt doesn't have too many parts to fail. But I'm giving them a try because I like how you fit the belt yourself.

ETA: The nexbelt "Titan BD Black PreciseFit Gun Belt" has arrived.
Initially impression, I like it. Wore it to dinner w/ my P239.
I'm not sure if this falls into the OP's consideration but this belt is really easy to adjust on the fly.
While sitting at your desk, steering wheel, or Thanksgiving table, casually reach down w/ one hand, finger the switch, and the belt relaxes open a bit.
When you do stand up and tug it back snug, it does make some audible clicks. Nothing terribly loud though.
I hope mine lasts.

Posts: 1 | Registered: June 22, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nexbelt:
Hi Dsiets - Tom from Nexbelt. Just to clarify and give you piece of mind. We did have some issues where the pins backed out. And the rate was low but we're interested in making it perfect for guys like you who rely on your firearms for protection - so we redesigned and replaced the pins with stainless steel hex screws like you would find on high end watches. It cost us more to make and assemble (the price is the same) but it becomes a superior reliable product. We are proud to say we're the only one in the industry to do this. Thanks for your purchase.

Hi Tom, Welcome to the forum!
I've been wearing the Nexbelt daily. Even w/ shorts tubing in a river a few times. It still looks like new. "Thumbs up" so far.

Posts: 7346 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I usually wear a 5.11 web belt with plastic buckle, unless in a suit or uniform or dress clothing. I switched to the wider web belts years ago and some of the back issues I was experiencing diminished considerably.

The belts I presently use are double-thickness belts (5.11 makes single and double thickness). One side is black and the other green or coyote. They're stiff enough that they will support a holster inside or outside the waistband very comfortably, can easily be trimmed to length, and never seem to wear out. They're reversible go with light or dark pants, don't stand out, and they will go through airport metal detectors without need of removal, due to no metal. They're also affordable

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a BeltMan 1.25" horse hide belt. It is plenty stiff, especially for IWB, and I have never had a problem with the buckle digging in.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I use a Liger gun belt. Works very well.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17268 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post