SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Holster for a P229 with an Olight PL—Mini
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holster for a P229 with an Olight PL—Mini Login/Join 
posted
For Christmas my father gave me an Olight PL-Mini weapon light and I am trying to find a leather pancake style holster with a snap for a P229 that will accommodate the weapon light. Does anyone have any suggestions that will fit the bill?

I know I can have a kydex holster made for this setup but leather is my preferred medium for EDC and before I explore the kydex option I want to see what may be out there.

Thank you all!

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Student of Weapons Craft
Picture of Exodus
posted Hide Post
Check out Blackpoint Tactical

Posts: 259 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried for years to find a a leather holster I liked to carry the 229 with a TLR-1. I bought an Aker nightgaurd, it sucked. I had a custom leather one made, it sucked to. I was sure I wanted leather. I bought a kydex one off the forum and it is way better than the leather. Everyone has their own preference, but I did not find any success in my quest for leather light bearing holsters. Good luck.

Posts: 378 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The second biggest issue with selecting a little known WML --> Holster availability.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t know if I would call the PL-Mini a "little known" weapon light but it is a very recently released product.

I understand part of the issue; a leather holster fitted for a PL-Mini probably won’t fit an Inforce APLc light or a Surefire XC1 which means holster makers are probably dis-inclined to make multiple holsters to accommodate different lights for the same pistol.

I’ll probably have to settle on Kydex but I have always preferred how leather flexed and conformed to the body.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post