SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Wait time for CCW Permits
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wait time for CCW Permits Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
Just received my Texas permit. Total cost was $240 and took a little under two weeks from the time I submitted my paperwork on line to receipt. I was shocked it was so quick.

240 dollars!?

That's absurd.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Just received my Texas permit. Total cost was $240 and took a little under two weeks from the time I submitted my paperwork on line to receipt. I was shocked it was so quick.

240 dollars!?

That's absurd.

$140 for a first issue LTC, plus class fee.
$70 for renewal, no renewal class required.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

240 dollars!?

That's absurd.

Isn't TX one of the states with no income tax? If true, I would expect other fees to be higher.

Still, $240 seems REAL high.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
[nested quote edited]

240 dollars!?

That's absurd.

Mine wasn't far behind that if you consider the cost of the permit plus the required class. $115 and $100 respectively.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Ohio you can apply on Monday.. give them a self addressed stamped envelope.. and get it Wednesday in the mail. I have had them hand me my renewal..

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
It's been a while since I first got mine, I honestly don't remember whether it's been renewed twice or three times now. It's good for 5 years, so it's been either 12 or 17 years. So I don't recall how long it took for the original. According to Google the Sheriff has 45 days to either issue or deny it. Renewals are a lot faster, at least in my county - I go into the sheriff's office, fill out a renewal form, have a new photo taken, and they hand me a temporary one, saying the real one will be in the mail in "a few days". It's always showed up in the mailbox the next day.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
In my county, you get a renewal notice from the Sheriff's office, then you call the office to make an appointment, show up, they re-fingerprint you & take an ID photo, print off the card.

The easiest renewal was Utah, went online, paid my money got my card in 2 weeks I think.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my county it was $68.50 for 5 years. Took only 22 days from application and prints to the mailbox. No class to take or any registering of guns on the liscense. Each county is a bit different and a neighboring county issued to the mailbox on 9 days.

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 28, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
IIRC, back with I got my CHL, it was about 4 weeks from everything in the mail to CHL in my mailbox. That was about 4 years ago.
Just submitted my LTC renewal online yesterday, we'll see how long it takes to come in. My CHL expires in early January.

About a month, got my renewal in the mail this week. I'm good til 2022 now, maybe I should go buy a SigPro.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Just got my AZ renewal. Took about two and a half months.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My last Ohio renewal took about a week. I drove over to Centre County in Pennsylvania for my non-resident license in PA; took all of 15 or twenty minutes of waiting, but I walked out with it.

Posts: 90 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chem Geek
posted Hide Post
Houston County, AL.

Applied online, got a message 5 days later that everything was good. Went in, had my picture taken, CCP printed and walked out in probably 10 minutes, cost is $20/yr up to 5 years.

When life closes a door, open it. It's a door. That's how they work.

Posts: 2451 | Location: Riverview, FL | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GOTSIG
posted Hide Post
Maine resident is less than a month all told for a renewal. You don't need one now, but I am still keeping it up for the day when you will again...

NH non-resident was more like 2 months for the renewal. Sometimes is less.

MA non-resident is about 9 months from the time you submit the renewal to the time you get it with the in-person interview in between. And it's $100 for a year. So pretty much as soon as I get mine, I'm filling in the renewal form again... Roll Eyes

====================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." THOMAS
JEFFERSON

Posts: 889 | Location: Maine, U.S.A. | Registered: August 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I was told 4 to 6 weeks. I got it in 3 weeks. That was for my first time. I have no idea how fast/slow the renewal process is. I'll find out in 4 years.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GOTSIG:
Maine resident is less than a month all told for a renewal. You don't need one now, but I am still keeping it up for the day when you will again...

NH non-resident was more like 2 months for the renewal. Sometimes is less.

Vermont next second!!

MA non-resident is about 9 months from the time you submit the renewal to the time you get it with the in-person interview in between. And it's $100 for a year. So pretty much as soon as I get mine, I'm filling in the renewal form again... Roll Eyes

Posts: 81 | Location: Part of the 14th state that did not ratify to join the Union! | Registered: January 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Puddle Pirate
Picture of kornesque
posted Hide Post
NC, 2008 - 3mos
AL, 2012 - instant
WA, 2013 - 3 days shipped
ID, 2017 - expect 90 day delay

"Happiness is red and free."

Posts: 1794 | Location: Low Country, SC | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My permit took 25 years to get approved, but it's good in all fifty States and is has no expiration date.

Posts: 363 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
New Florida CCW took only 2 weeks. Applied in person-fingerprints and photo. They said expect 30-40 days. Wow.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
Monterey County, CA
the bad new: 6 months and $430 including qualifying course and range time
the good news: we have a sheriff that is willing to issue permits to responsible, law abiding citizens and he has things moving in the right direction, a rarity in CA

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
My latest renewal was 6 days. New permits are running about 2-3 weeks here in Hillsdale County, MI

We just revised our CPL law late last year. We had horror stories from Wayne and Kent Counties running 6 months. Hope is by the endo of the year renewals can be a while you wait in person and on line renewals go into effect in 2018.

Our permits are good for 5 years which gives us a NICS exemption. BATFE will only grant that to states that issue for 5 years or less.

Oakland County, MI here. I dropped off my renewal application and $115 this past Monday (1/23) afternoon. The approval letter was dated 1/24, the envelope with my new CPL was post marked 1/25 and it arrived on Friday (1/27).

I renewed my drivers license a few hours before my CPL and am still waiting for it.

Deplorable NRA Life Member

Posts: 1050 | Location: Where my mind is not | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post