SIGforum
I need a holster modified; Will any of our leatherworkers consider this job?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/9260081464

December 11, 2019, 01:09 PM
ArtieS
I need a holster modified; Will any of our leatherworkers consider this job?
I have a Simply Rugged Cattleman holster, that is nicely made, but open topped. I'd like to have a full strap with snap added to it so that I can use it canoeing, hiking and hunting, without worrying about retention, and I'd prefer not to simply go with a hammer thong.

I have contacted Simply Rugged twice as they offer the strap as an add-on to the holster, but I have never heard back from them.

I understand if our pros are unwilling to work on someone else's gear, and am sympathetic to that position, and if there is no one willing, I will likely try to do this myself, as I have snap dies, and heavy stitching capability as my father was a sailmaker.

Please let me know if this is something a maker here would consider. I will keep an eye on this thread, or you can reach me through the email in profile.

Thanks for any help.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
December 16, 2019, 03:30 PM
bendable
I say take the holster that you really like to any local shoe makers shop and he'll show you four ways that he can make it work for you ,
you will pick one and he'll charge you $25.00

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
December 17, 2019, 11:52 AM
ArtieS
I tried that. All those guys are gone from around here. The last one retired two years ago.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
December 17, 2019, 07:45 PM
bendable
mail it up here we have four , still up and running,
make what you want out of construction paper and

mark where you want the stitching to be , and the snap .

I'll mail it back

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
December 17, 2019, 08:18 PM
h2oys
Gotta love this forum!
December 19, 2019, 06:01 PM
ArtieS
Thanks bendable! I just identified a saddle shop here, and I'm going to ask them first, but I may well take you up on that.

A

December 21, 2019, 12:47 PM
Farther
I would hazard a guess that you will be much happier getting a new Simply Rugged Cattleman holster configured the way you want it than to risk screwing up a holster you like.