SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    How do you carry your extra mag?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How do you carry your extra mag? Login/Join 
Rosie, the Corgi,
is my copilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:.....does anyone make an ankle holster that only carries a spare mag??

https://www.desantisholster.com/cgi-bin/dh.pl?q=ANKLE

Thanks,
~Farther~

Posts: 3639 | Location: CA/OR Frontier | Registered: November 24, 2000Report This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
I have a Kusiak ExtraMag IWB holster for my Kahr where the extra mag is part of the holster itself.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3090 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Report This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
In a mag holder on my belt, offside of my pistol.

Posts: 10504 | Location: MI | Registered: July 10, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I second this one! Carry one for my 229 mag.

quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Safariland 123 horizontal magazine holder.

On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Farther:
quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:.....does anyone make an ankle holster that only carries a spare mag??
https://www.desantisholster.com/cgi-bin/dh.pl?q=ANKLE
Linky no worky

A mind is a terrible thing.

Posts: 15950 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I use a double mag pouch, galco, safariland, or bianchi on my off side. I like a double because the weight helps compensate for the weight of the gun. .

Posts: 6471 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Report This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
Rear left pocket most of the time. The jeans I wear also have a small pocket at the top of the right front pocket which is just perfect for a P938 magazine but it made accessing the pistol (pocket holster) a bit too tight.

"Don't Tread On Me"

Posts: 1904 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Report This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lexicon5:
Snagmag for P226 Mk25

http://www.snagmag.com/snagmag...ed-magazine-holster/

I also use a snagmag.

The philosophy of protectionism is a philosophy of war. - Ludwig von Mises
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DhagKyvDck

Posts: 7117 | Location: Live from the high desert and the great American southwest! | Registered: July 24, 2009Report This Post
Picture of 3ACR_Scout
posted Hide Post
I have both a single (S-4C) and double mag pouch (D-4C) from Milt Sparks, and they are both beautiful leather products and extremely secure and stable, being fitted to my belt width. I always carry at least the single, but for long trips or questionable parts of town, I swap it for the double. The rounded edges of both pouches blend in nicely without printing. They are expensive and a long wait, but they are well worth it (just like my VersaMax 2).

"We are being slaughtered."

- Unidentified Insurgent, Operation Restoring Rights, Tall Afar, Iraq, September 2005

Posts: 91 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Report This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 3ACR_Scout:
I have both a single (S-4C) and double mag pouch (D-4C) from Milt Sparks, and they are both beautiful leather products and extremely secure and stable, being fitted to my belt width. I always carry at least the single, but for long trips or questionable parts of town, I swap it for the double. The rounded edges of both pouches blend in nicely without printing. They are expensive and a long wait, but they are well worth it (just like my VersaMax 2).

Fan of the VM-2 here, also and new arrival to the S-4C fan club, courtesy one offered for sale recently in our own Classifieds section. The absolute best vertical magazine pouch I've tried so far. I may well order a second one from Sparks.

I do carry a second spare 1911 mag in a TT Gunleather pocket magazine pouch as well.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 5281 | Registered: September 04, 2003Report This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
These guys are great:

http://www.kytexgear.com/

Holds tight to the body.

+1 for Kytex. I have several of their mag holders for various guns; Glock, M&P and 1911, and all work great. Plus, great customer service.

Posts: 757 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Comp-Tac single mag holder with Ted Lok or Bravo Concealment single mag carrier. Either holder has worked out well for me in EDC or classes.

Posts: 103 | Location: Westfield, IN | Registered: June 04, 2010Report This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Generic nylon tool/knife belt pouch w/ Velcro flap from Academy. Doesn't draw any notice sitting next to my flashlight pouch.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Overheard at an actual match:
"Tapers! Come on, guys, we need tapers!"
"No, my name's Gonzales."

Posts: 4882 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
front left pocket

Jazz Hands Ninja
posted Hide Post
I have had great luck with these

https://www.amazon.com/BLACKHA...NCYM953K4RYP63525HKJ

NRA Certified instructor:
Basic Rifle
Basic Pistol
Basic Shotgun
Home Firearm Safety
Personal Protection In The Home
Certified NRA Range Safety officer

Upper Hand Defense LLC
upperhanddefense.com
facebook.com/Upperhanddefense

Posts: 2908 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Report This Post
Sigforum Staff Pilot
posted Hide Post
I ordered and then returned the new Alien Gear Cloak mag carrier recently. I wore it once in a couple of configurations, but ultimately it wasn't for me. It's appears to be well built and AGH sends three different attachments to allow you to carry it IWB, OWB or clipped inside a pocket. It even has an allen key which clips inside the mag carrier to a allow you to adjust the tension of the holster should the need arise away from home.

The major drawback of the Alien Gear design was the thickness of it. For a single mag carrier, it's a lot of plastic. While Alien Gear makes some great stuff, this design needs some refinement IMO.

Posts: 513 | Registered: December 22, 2004Report This Post
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
I carry my EDC pistol in an AIWB rig from JM Custom, and spare mag goes in front, opposite the pistol. I played around with carrying the mag IWB as well, but found it weird feeling and not much more concealed anyway, so I just carry it OWB at about 1030-11 on the clock face. Pistol is about 1 o'clock.

"A nation can survive fools, even ambitious ones. But it cannot survive treason from within. . . ." - Cicero

Posts: 1376 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Report This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Desbiens Reverse cant regardless of holster. Pictured is my Appalachian Concealment with my P239

Does the reverse cant help alleviate the magazine digging into the side?

Posts: 9559 | Registered: October 13, 2002Report This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
IWB / Pocket carry -

OWB carry -

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8045
III

"He's a Mean Motor Scooter & a Bad Go Getter !"

Posts: 5480 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Report This Post