SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    How do you carry your extra mag?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How do you carry your extra mag? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Safariland kydex single mag pouch on my support hip if carrying the pistol IWB, which is most common. Comp-Tac IWB mag pouch in the same place when carrying OWB and concealed. Don't have the room in my pants to fit both items IWB.

quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:
Just thinking out loud.....does anyone make an ankle holster that only carries a spare mag ??

Obviously not quick but it could be fairly comfortable . ??

Galco does. Somebody mentioned it earlier in the thread.

Posts: 1968 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Report This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
These guys are great:

http://www.kytexgear.com/

Holds tight to the body. Less than 2 week turnaround and the price is pretty good.

Edmond

Posts: 8267 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: March 12, 2005Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 35647 | Location: Around | Registered: July 12, 2008Report This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I have a little pocket on the side of my khaki cargo pants that fits a G26 mag perfectly.

Posts: 5671 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I use these, for all carry guns.

http://www.comp-tac.com/magazi...ouch-belt-clip-10230

They are quick on/off, and hold very securely. You can keep a few in the car and put them on a belt quickly if you ever needed to carry more ammo, and can remove them easily if you need to take them off without undoing the belt.

I'm of the opinion, that you should ALWAYS carry at least one spare mag. In the vast majority of encounters you won't need the ammo, but you MIGHT have a magazine failure. Many failures can be attributed to the magazine, and you CANNOT complete a level 2 malfunction drill (such as a double feed) without a spare mag.

For 29.99, it is cheap insurance.

FWIW, i always carry it weak side, bullets pointing forward toward my centerline.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 31741 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:
Just thinking out loud.....does anyone make an ankle holster that only carries a spare mag ??

Obviously not quick but it could be fairly comfortable . ??

If Ken Null is still in business, he makes one. This may have validity for reloading while crouching down behind cover.

Posts: 19024 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Double stack, I use this.

http://www.safariland.com/prod...html#sz=12&start=131

Single stack, a large smartphone case holds two magazines nicely.
for revolver folks, small flip phone case holds two speed strips.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 6138 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I use a nylon knife sheath with a velcro flap, that rides horizontally on my belt at about 7:00.

Posts: 4913 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: February 12, 2007Report This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
Generally in my weakside cargo pocket, rear most interior mag pocket. The front most one is where my light resides. Truspec 24/7 pants. I just like the pocket layout of the truspec better than other brands. Plus the velcro placement on the flap of the pocket generally keeps stuff in the pocket, should I find myself in an odd position.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2016 | Location: SC | Registered: April 10, 2004Report This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
My cargo pants have a small cargo pocket high on the thigh that is the perfect size for a single mag. I carry my spare there and that is home to my barney mag in USPSA matches.

Posts: 4725 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Left side pocket. With white light separately, but adjacent.

Milt Sparks.

Posts: 8550 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a mag pouch on my belt.

Posts: 425 | Registered: February 25, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
desantis makes an ankle rig that has 2 slots, you could 2 mags, 1 mag with flashlight, 1 mag with tourniquet, etc. I use it but only when i have run out of space elsewhere, its not as comfortable as the glock 26 in galco on the other ankle. Safariland makes a simple metal clip I used regularly for 3 years. It is now in the junk pile because i lost a glock magazine in a parking lot...i think. It would probably work well for guys without a muffin top, but my fat hip pushed the mag outwards.

Posts: 183 | Location: Columbus, GA | Registered: March 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Concealment is my number one priority.
Extra mag is carried in a Schrade LB7 belt pouch on weak side at 2:00.
Appears to be holding a knife, not a mag.
Carry pistol at 7:30 in a Super Tuck.

Posts: 1564 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Extra mag is carried in a Schrade LB7 belt pouch on weak side at 2:00.
Appears to be holding a knife, not a mag.

I use a Buck folding knife case for my Shield mag or my PX4 SC mag. Works well

Posts: 305 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Report This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I carry two magazines on the belt in a leather double carrier. Rounds facing forward and silicone lubed inside-super fast to the weapon. Chris

Posts: 1507 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Report This Post
Picture of seabass
posted Hide Post
I always carry 1 spare mag on my support side in a belt mounted holster. I don't like to carry a loose mag in a pocket.

Posts: 1132 | Location: CA | Registered: July 28, 2002Report This Post
Picture of The Bandit
posted Hide Post
I have a Blackhawk plactic for P320 that clips on belt. An AKJ Concealco (sadly now gone) for G19 I love that snaps over belt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Erie, Pa, USA | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Desbiens Reverse cant regardless of holster. Pictured is my Appalachian Concealment with my P239

Posts: 10398 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Left side belt carry in a generic nylon knife pouch with Velcro secured flap. Looks innocuous and protects the mag too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 5251 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post