SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    How do you carry your extra mag?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you carry your extra mag? Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted
Had a real scare. I thought I lost my spare magazine. So far I carry my spare in a cargo pocket. After today that's going to change. So, how do you carry your spare mags?

Posts: 5310 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My standard holster is www.smartcarry.com which has a spare mag slot.

When I pocket carry the CM9 or LCP, spare mag goes in the opposite pocket in this:

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...magazine-nylon-black

Posts: 11909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
In a belt carrier.

Galco ones are ok, Safariland ones are decent. Look for something that holds tight to the belt.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 4823 | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Comp-Tac kydex magazine pouches on the belt.

Posts: 17998 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
17 round mag for the P320 in a Galco ankle safe - left ankle. I have too much stuff on my belt and in my pockets to hang anything else there.

JPFO Life Member
Kentucky State Rifle & Pistol Association Member

Posts: 1099 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Either a single- or double-mag pouch on the offside (I have leather ones from Milt Sparks and Mitch Rosen, respectively) for 1911 mags.

For a spare 10-rounder for a Glock 26, I like the Magholder LLC horizontal mag carrier. I orient mine in a bullets-up position.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 5061 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Safariland 123 horizontal magazine holder.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 4858 | Location: South of Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Oops double post

Not minority enough!

Posts: 4858 | Location: South of Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Comp-Tac kydex magazine pouches on the belt.

This.

Posts: 9284 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Either DeSantis or Sparks leather pouches on my belt.

Posts: 1740 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
I only carry one spare magazine. That gives me a total of 25 rounds on my person for my EDC, which is a Sig P229 in .40 S&W: 1 in the tube, 12 in the magazine in the pistol, and 12 more in the spare magazine.

I use a Milt Sparks pocket holster for the spare magazine, they call it the PCH-M. I carry it in my weak side front pocket, and I don't ever put anything else in that pocket. You'll find the Milt Sparks PCH-M at this LINK, under "accessories".

I've been really happy, fully satisfied, with both my Milt Sparks pocket magazine holster and my Milt Sparks IWB pistol holster, which is a Versa Max 2. I recommend both to you without reservation. Give 'em a try; you'll be glad you did.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 2819 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
One mag in this holder from NextHolster. http://www.nextholster.com/web.../Items/Details34.cfm I picked it up at a gun show as sort of a "throwaway" until I could get something I thought better, but it has turned out to be well made and versatile. My gun is AIWB at 1:30, the mag holder also IWB at 10:30. Surprisingly, this is not uncomfortable. The one thing I don't like is that it is a little too deep and doesn't expose as much of the top of the mag for a good grasp in a hurry as I'd like.

Posts: 18336 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
No longer carry a Schrade LB7.
Repurposed the leather pouch, with snap closure, as a spare mag carrier.

Posts: 1275 | Location: in the cornfields | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Front pocket most of the time.

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011

"There are only two reasons why a proven technique doesn't work under stress: the shooter isn't adequately trained in it's application, or he/she doesn't really believe it will work because he/she is programmed for failure to begin with." BG

Posts: 29674 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Off-side single mag pouch. Lately (last few years)it has been in a Comp Tac single mag pouch.

Same for my wife.

------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1007 | Location: Mt. Lebanon, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Front pocket most of the time.

Same here. Left pocket with only the magazine in it. I practice that way too and it works good for me.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 1546 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
When carrying my M11-A1 or P229/.40, I carry two mags off-side in either a leather double open-top mag pouch or two Blackhawk hard polymer clip-on mag pouches, depending on what holster I'm using that day, either an old Dillon Leather Master or a Blackhawk hard polymer non-SERPA.

When I carry my XD-S/9, I carry three mags in Blackhawk hard polymer clip-on mag pouches. I carry three spares to compensate for the single stack capacity. I prefer the 8-round mags to the 7 and 9-rounders. Yes, that's a lot of stuff on my belt, but in my case there's a lot of belt space available!

Oh, and I carry a Fenix PD35 light in a NiteEyes clip-on flashlight pouch turned horizontally over my left front pocket. And I always wear either a cover garment or an untucked tent-like polo. Eek

For me this works and isn't uncomfortable even while seated in a vehicle.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 528 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
Fobus paddle dual magazine carrier.

Posts: 8809 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
RGrizzle GS2 double mag carrier.

If breathing wasn't automatic, they'd be too stupid to do it.

Posts: 535 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just thinking out loud.....does anyone make an ankle holster that only carries a spare mag ??

Obviously not quick but it could be fairly comfortable . ??

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post