SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Need help with IWB kydex that fits the GUN well
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help with IWB kydex that fits the GUN well Login/Join 
posted
I've recently purchased a couple of new Glocks including a Gen 4 G17 and G19. I will carry the 19 more, but occasionally the 17 so I'm looking for a quality IWB kydex holster to wear at the 4 o'clock position. I prefer single clip setups; wide holsters with 2 points like the MTAC don't fit my body type and I like the easy on/off ability of the single clip.

Now the problem - I'm looking for a well fitting IWB kydex holster - something that really fits the GUN well. I've purchased 2 CYA holsters (off Amazon for ~$37) for the G19 and G17. Both are fine, but they don't fit the guns exceptionally well, definitely some play. When I look at my RM holster for my G26, Raven Phantoms (2) for my G21, and the Comp-Tac paddle for my G17 - they all fit the guns perfectly, no play at all.

Does anyone have experience with Tulster or Vedder (lighttuck) regarding fitment of the pistol? Buy once cry once is usually my motto, and I didn't do that this time. I just want to make sure whatever I replace the CYA's with will meet my expectations.

Posts: 406 | Location: NW FL | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have 2 Vedder LightTucks - one each for G43 & G42s with TLR-6s.

They fit them well and once you get the cant / depth set, I recommend using some locktite on the screws to keep them set. They also have a screw to adjust tension on the weapon. I'd get one for a G19 but they don't have one for a G19/XC1B light. Overall they are quality holsters that fit well - there is a little movement on the G43s holster (I'd say it can move maybe 1/8th of an inch in the draw direction if you put a small amount of pressure on it - but I don't notice that on a daily basis) but none on the G42s.

For my G19.4 I have IWB "8-Mile" holsters from Detroit Holsters - I have 3, one each no light / XC1 / X300. They work great, fit the pistol well, and also have adjustments for tension. I take out some of the spacers they use for the single clip, but that is just what works for me on a Wilderness belt. Zero movement with these holsters.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
My favorite kydex holsters for my Glocks are Zorn Hosters https://www.zornholsters.com

If you specify open bottom pass-though, you can use the same holster for the G17 and the G19.

The fittment and tension is adjustable with zero movement, no slop.

Zorn is one of the very few Kydex makers that rolls the bottom edge around the muzzle rather than leaving the kydex flange hanging down. Might not make a difference for behind the hip, but it does for appendix.

rolled edges

Posts: 7420 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Vedder Lighttuck, great holsters. Like Rhinoswo, I have two of them, 1 for my 19, 1 for my 43. I also have 3 of their OWB Lightdraw holsters for the same guns plus my 21

Posts: 2337 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bshnt 2015
posted Hide Post
I run the Tenicor OWB but will be looking into getting their IWB model. Solid quality and build on their holsters.

https://tenicor.com/collection...ducts/certum-holster

Posts: 250 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
I have a Vedder Light tuck for my P30 and it is great.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will echo the Vedder Light-tuck. Have it for my P365 and my G19

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a vedder light tuck for my G27. The metal clip is fantastic, I will never go back to plastic.

Posts: 5414 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kgray01
posted Hide Post
I love my Garrett Industries Silent Thunder GT.

Kydex exterior, leather interior.

1 Sam. 15:28

Posts: 313 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Ozark Holster Co, the owner is a member here and he makes really nice, TIGHT IWB Kydex holsters.

I have one for a G19 I'm planning to sell here.

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Ozark Holster Co, the owner is a member here and he makes really nice, TIGHT IWB Kydex holsters.

I have one for a G19 I'm planning to sell here.

I agree. Ozarks Holster Company makes a great single clip IWB that's very precisely molded for the gun. I've also had good experiences with single clip kydex IWB holsters from JM Custom Kydex and Vedder Holsters.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 for Ozarks Holster, excellent products!! I have two, and one on the way, highly recommend!

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for everyone's input. I ordered a Vedder for my G19. Depends on how I feel about that, but I may try an Ozarks for my G17 and/or G21.

Posts: 406 | Location: NW FL | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Tulster for my G43. Very solid. Just ordered another for a P238. Expensive but good.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1056 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kgray01:

I second this. I don't have a Glock, but I have one for my P320 and my P239.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with Foxx.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve run Bravo Concealment with good success.

Posts: 133 | Location: Westfield, IN | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
quote:
Originally posted by kgray01:

I second this. I don't have a Glock, but I have one for my P320 and my P239.

Third. I have one for my Springfield XDM and it fits it like a glove.

Posts: 7261 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post