SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Shoulder holster for P365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shoulder holster for P365 Login/Join 
posted
Find that many times i really prefer a shoulder holster and use a Miami Classic for heavier gear but what do people like for the P365? Quite a few from cheap to expensive but looking for some real-world advice. Thanks.

Posts: 183 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I have a Kirkpatrick shoulder holster for a p365 that I use occasionally. It's a holster only rig. The holster side is leather and rides high and tight under my left arm. The other half of the harness is an elastic loop that goes around the right arm and shoulder. It's light, secure, and doesn't flop around. Spare magazines either have to be carried in a pouch on the belt or in a pocket.

I'm not normally a big fan of shoulder holsters, but I like this one for when I'm on a long drive or wearing a suit where the belt loops won't support a gun belt.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Do you just get them straight from Kirkpatrick? Anything to know about sizing? Thanks again.

Posts: 183 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
https://www.kirkpatrickleather...ry-shoulder-holster/

Turnaround was right at 10 weeks, but they were shut down entirely for about 4 weeks of that due to COVID. I like the elastic loop more than I like the suspender strap that Mitch Rosen uses on his similar design. This is kind of a special purpose rig for me, but it does exactly what I need it to. At $140 it isn't cheap, but I feel like it was good value for the money. The leatherwork on the holster itself is very nice. The harness is well thought out and comfortable.

posted Hide Post
Check out the Galco Classic Lite. I have one and its been excellent. You can often find them for under 100 bucks too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really wanted to go for the Kikpatrick but I've written to them three times with no response. Thin k I'll be trying the Galco Classic Lite. Thanks.

DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
I use a High Noon shoulder rig for my P320SC. They also make one for the P365.

https://www.highnoonholsters.c...der-rigs/under-taker

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1899 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Copaup - I wrote to the wrong place for Kirkpatrick. Contacted them and they were great. Talked to one of the owners who told me they had them in stock in brown. Ended up getting on an it only took about a week or so. Excellent shoulder holster that practically disappears. Couldn't recommend the holster or the company more. Thanks for the referral.

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Glad you like it. Its the only shoulder rig I’ve ever owned that I actually LIKED and used more than a couple of times. Took a little fiddling to get set up, but once I got the fit right it really is remarkably comfortable. I kind of want another for a PPK for those tuxedo and vodka martini kind of days...because I have those...

Ok. I just want it to wear around the house while watching Bond films. It’s a valid desire.

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Well...thanks for the heads up on these, I just ordered one myself. Now for the ten week anticipation.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My Kirkpatrick Detective Carry shoulder holster arrived this last Tuesday. Almost 10 weeks to the day from when I ordered it, which was their estimated delivery.
It seems very nice, takes a while to get it adjusted, but so do most shoulder holsters. It is comfortable, but I find Galco’s Miami Classic II for my little S&W 638 to be almost as comfortable. For my 365 though, I believe Kirkpatrick is probably more comfortable than Galco’s Miami Classic Lite what with their narrow straps.

All in all I am very pleased with this rig!

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post