SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Best square bottom button up shirts for CCW?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best square bottom button up shirts for CCW? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
Looking at the banded shirt thread, I’m on the search for some square bottom hemmed shirts for CCW. Hawaiian but in solid colors.

Probably would be worn in the layered look and occasionally unbuttoned.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might try a Guaybera shirt.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Are you referring to camp shirts?
If so, there are plenty of them out there. They are the only types of shirt I wear in warmer weather.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I wear a lot of Tommy Bahama shirts in warm weather - some Hawaiian print, some just print, a few solid.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I like the Carribean line of shirts. Much like Tommy Bahama only less expensive. Good quality shirt though.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tommy Bahama's are my favorites, but you can save some money with Duluth Trading Company.

Posts: 76 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'd save guayabera and Hawaiian shirts for Miami and Hawaii, respectively. You want to blend in, not drawing attention to yourself, and these don't.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
How about the no tuck shirts. Although not square at the tail. Their are now a couple different manufactures.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Way too many people worry about blending in.

Life’s more fun being yourself.

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
That sounds an awful lot like open carry Eek

quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:

Seriously. I once walked through four lanes of traffic at a stop light with my carry gun exposed. No one noticed.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Also, I kinda like the cholo look for cool weather:

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I'd save guayabera and Hawaiian shirts for Miami and Hawaii, respectively. You want to blend in, not drawing attention to yourself, and these don't.

I’m 6’8” - not “blending in” in virtually any setting, regardless of apparel choice.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
Second vote for Duluth Trading. Most of their choices are generously cut because they are work oriented. This gives me exactly what I am looking for in concealment.

Posts: 1628 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d suggest picking one you like and having it altered to a square hem. It’s pretty easy to do and not expensive.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1MoreFord
posted Hide Post
Look for fishing shirts. Most all big box sporting goods stores have them.

I've got an Academy Sports in the area and a BassPro. Both have them. Academy is generally cheaper but BassPro is easier to order from online if you need to.

Joe

Posts: 12 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: January 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
reyn spooner
very good quality
https://www.reynspooner.com/co...ions/men?_=pf&page=3

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post