SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Vedders Holsters
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vedders Holsters Login/Join 
posted
Anyone use Vedders for IWB carry? I’d appreciate your opinion on their holster.
Thanks,
jim

Posts: 890 | Location: Central, NY | Registered: February 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine carries his Ruger LCP II in one and swears by it.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
15%off and free shipping with code "mem2019"

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I have one for my P239 and really like it. It's my one of two kydex holster and now I want more, but my other occasional carry guns are a bit antiquated.
Gen2 G17, their railed holsters have a little bit of wiggle, when used w/ a Gen2.
P229 .40 half serration, curved trigger guard, is not on their list.
So, If I could I would own a couple more by now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dsiets,

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are the only holster I use anymore.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 for quality, affordable product from a good company that turns around its' orders in a very reasonable time.
Have bought a few before, would buy again.

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you for your time and interest in helping me.
Jim

Posts: 890 | Location: Central, NY | Registered: February 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of coltchris
posted Hide Post
Recently purchased a Vedder OWB Quick Draw holster & really like it. HOWEVER, after one weeks use, retention is terrible to say the least. There is literally NO retention. I mistakenly thought all Vedders has retention adjustment! Sending back today for "tightening"; hope it works! Anybody else had this problem???

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 240 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coltchris:
Recently purchased a Vedder OWB Quick Draw holster & really like it. HOWEVER, after one weeks use, retention is terrible to say the least. There is literally NO retention.

Perhaps that's the "Quick Draw" feature? Big Grin

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jdl2:
Thanks to all of you for your time and interest in helping me.
Jim

What gun are you looking to carry in it?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pops572
posted Hide Post
Have several Vedders and highly recommend them.
http://www.vedderholsters.com/...utm_medium=affiliate

------------------------------------------
I'm sorry could you repeat that, I'm not fluent in STUPID!

Posts: 1149 | Location: ,TN USA | Registered: November 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
Vedder light tuck is also my go to CCW holster for a number of pistols.
No financial/commercial interest, but I noticed they are having a 24 hour sale right now on everything. Looks like about 10 hours remaining.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased a Light Tuck for my Colt Defender and it is my first Vedder Holster. Wow it is comfortable. I have not worn it yet for Carry outside the home but have worn it to the backyard for shooting. Drawing and re-holstering is smooth and it is also quite easy to attach to my belt. Once I put some more ammo through the Defender It and the Vedder will be put on carry duty.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC (Ret)

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I've been using the Light Tuck for my G48 and it works great. Great adjustability for cant and very comfortable. The extra add-on claw really helps to press the grip in toward the waistband to conceal the butt. I recommend adding the claw.

One thing I noticed though is the Kydex is notably thinner than my JM Custom Kydex. Still, the Vedder gets the job done.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the RapidTuck and have been carrying a P365 in it for the last 3 weeks (all day at work + 45 minute commute each way). It’s the most comfortable holster I’ve used. I also picked up a LightTuck to try but it’s not as comfortable for me. I’m a lefty and carry at around 7pm.

Posts: 130 | Location: Detroit | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Late response, but I use a Light Tuck with the claw for AIWB for my Sig P365 and it's great. I really like that it is adjustable for height and cant too. I wear mine low and with a straight drop. A good holster at a fair price for sure.

Posts: 127 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1MoreFord
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of LightTucks and like them very much as far as gun fit and comfort is concerned. I have a caveat. Their belt clips fit the belt tightly and I had to go to 1-3/4" clips to fit my 1-1/2" steel lined BigFoot belt.

I've seen others complain about belt clips in general and prefer loops with one way snaps. Supposedly Vedders can be converted and I think I'm going to try on one of my holsters.

Joe

Posts: 12 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: January 15, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry my p365 every day in a vedder pocket locker holster........love em both. Can’t even feel it while carrying.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Darkus Mingler
posted Hide Post
I have been using a Pocket Locker for my P365 and really like it. I have a Comfort Tuck for my P220, that I can also use with my P225A1. Overall I am very pleased with the quality and finish of both of my holsters.

Tom

Posts: 4 | Location: Coppell, TX | Registered: February 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several light tucks and just got one with the optics cut for my XL witg the Romeo Zero.

They are good holsters, but they absolutely flood my email box with ads. I end up unsubscribing after every holster I buy from them.

Bob

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post