https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/8530075854

July 04, 2019, 07:11 PM
swmsig
229 Legion 9mm
I have been looking for a good IWB holster for my 229 Legion 9mm
Any recommendations?
July 04, 2019, 08:05 PM
ArtieS
Ozarks Holsters from our own Dustin Osborn if you want a hybrid kydex and leather, or Ryan Grizzle Leather from our own countryboy if you want traditional leather. I own both, and both are superb.

Thick out the Sticky thread at the top of this sub forum.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
July 04, 2019, 08:59 PM
swmsig
Thanks I will check them out
July 05, 2019, 02:11 PM
DukeMinski
+1 on the Hybrid IWB from Ozark Holster Co.
I use one for my M11A1.
Very comfortable, well made, and a great value for the price.
July 05, 2019, 03:55 PM
ArtieS
If you get a holster from one of the makers on SigForum, you have the opportunity to have the holster built to your specifications, instead of dealing with what is in the package in the store. Dustin Osborn has built me a custom holster for my Versipack, and has sold me the leather strips to convert the metal clips on my hybrids over to leather so that they don't scratch leather car seats.

I haven't requested any customization on the Ryan Grizzle holsters I have, but I understand that Ryan will work with you also.

Good luck.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
July 05, 2019, 04:51 PM
swmsig
Cool good to know. I sent him a email to let him know what I was looking for.
Its been kind of hard to find things for the (Legion) model
Thank You for the info.
July 05, 2019, 04:53 PM
swmsig
Thanks for the info I'm looking at them now
July 07, 2019, 07:27 PM
Green Highlander
I carry my Legion 229 in a RGrizzle Town & Country 2. It is a superb holster. After geting that first one, I have order 3 more for diggerent guns. In the past, I have used a number of different holsters but am now only using Ryan's work for my carry guns.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")
July 07, 2019, 09:36 PM
swmsig
Cool THANKS im going to look at them for sure.
July 08, 2019, 06:16 PM
swmsig
G.H. Thanks for the recommendation
I just talked with Ryan and ordered a T&C. Now the hard part (waiting)
July 10, 2019, 07:10 PM
heydrich
Stealthgear Ventcore IWB Mini

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.
July 11, 2019, 08:44 AM
CQB60
I had a Garrett Industries silent thunder made for my P229. Top notch!

July 14, 2019, 01:52 AM
Green Highlander
quote:
Originally posted by swmsig:
G.H. Thanks for the recommendation
I just talked with Ryan and ordered a T&C. Now the hard part (waiting)

You will not be disappointed. Did you get the T&C 2 with the metal reinforced mouth?

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")
July 14, 2019, 07:49 AM
swmsig
I went with the T&C 1 I talked to Ryan and I believe it will work for me.
THANKS for the info on him he seems like he really knows his business.
Do you like your Legion as much as I do? Was my favorite gun first time I fired it. Thanks again
July 24, 2019, 12:09 AM
Green Highlander
Glad it worked out for you. You will love your new holster.

The Legion is far and away my favorite pistol. I got it the first week they were introduced. I went into the Pro Shop at the Academy to buy the P229 Stainless Elite but the staff recommended the Legion as a better firearm. It was love at the first pull of the trigger. I have since picked up a P226 Stainless Elite and have been extremely disappointed after running the Legion.

July 28, 2019, 01:04 PM
BEAR45
I second Ryan Grizzle he is the best and a great person to do business with.

July 28, 2019, 01:20 PM
swmsig
Hey THANK YOU for responding. you are the 4th to person to recommend Grizzle. I talked to Ryan a couple weeks ago and ordered a holster. Yes he really seemed to know his stuff on holsters. Thanks again