SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Holster For P938
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holster For P938 Login/Join 
posted
Recently I purchased a P938 pistol. It came with carrying case and a small holster that clips on one's belt. The problem I have with the holster is that it does not release the firearm unless I withdraw the firearm at a certain angle. The holster has a screw adjustable nub inside but that is not what is causing the problem. Sometimes when I attempt to pull the pistol from the holster, the pistol with the holster still attached is drawn, jerking it off my belt. This makes it useless and potentially unsafe for me. I have tried adding lubricant to the holster to no avail. If pulled out at the precise angle, the pistol exits easily. At other angles it takes quite a bit of force to withdraw the firearm. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 15 | Location: Kingsport, TN | Registered: April 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those holsters that come with guns are almost universally trash. I have an excellent RGrizzle holster which took a couple months to get made and in the time between I had one from either DeSantis or Galco which was only okay.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
Those holsters that come with guns are almost universally trash.<snip>

Agree. For my P238, I had two leather holsters made. A Mitch Rosen OWB 5JR full detail full belt slide, and an Alessi Bodyguard shoulder rig. Both are excellent, and both came about a month after placing the telephone orders.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I that answers my puzzle. Thanks. I have to wonder why they would even bother to include something like that in a relatively expensive firearm.

Posts: 15 | Location: Kingsport, TN | Registered: April 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never use those holsters. I highly recommend Wright Leather holsters. Love my OWB 938 holster.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's time to go holster shopping. Thanks.

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I have a fair selection in the 'holster box'. They go from custom, to the more universal pocket then Remora holsters.

I do have a nice leather custom for my better choices, P2000sk, P938, P238, & HK-45c. For the lesser used I often have something that works, like a Remora, depending on type of carry desired.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple I have for the P938. I've had the Tucker Cover-Up (bottom holster) for a while and recently got the TT Gunleather Slim XC. I like them both. The Tucker is easy to get on and off. It's also tuckable, even though I never really use that feature. The Slim XC is very comfortable. I have several TT Gunleather holsters and have never been disappointed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bobandmikako,

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
R Grizzle makes top notch leather holsters. This is my current rig from another small manufacturer. Feux Carbon fiber Kydex.

Illigitimus non tatum carborundum
"in god we trust, every one else keep your hands where i can see them"

Posts: 115 | Registered: January 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
My two RGrizzle's. I prefer the front pocket holster but sometimes the wardrobe requires the IWB.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
I like my Black Arch Protos M single clip IWB. Very comfortable and secure.

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,

I have two new Wright Leatherworks holsetrs, one IWB with two util clips and one crossbreed with starps and the extra clips if i need them. I have a belt made by The Beltman, 1"1/2 wide and rather thick. It seems with the crossbreed holster i have to bypass a belt loop as it is that wide and then it just seems like the leather belt is too rigid for the holster. I am rather new to carrying where it has to be concealed and Im trying to work out the kinks. Any suggestions? Thanks, Bill

Posts: 27 | Registered: May 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently bought a Tagua 4 in 1 holster. It carries outside, inside, cross draw, and SOB. I only use outside and inside.

Posts: 168 | Location: Zephyr, TX. | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll check it out. Thanks.

Picture of SanibelVice
posted Hide Post
I bought a Winthrop holster for my 938. Just follow the break in instructions and I think you will be pleased with the fit and the quality. It is an outside the waistband model.

Posts: 142 | Location: Sanibel & Captiva Islands, Florida | Registered: November 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lacoppari:
Recently I purchased a P938 pistol. It came with carrying case and a small holster that clips on one's belt. The problem I have with the holster is that it does not release the firearm unless I withdraw the firearm at a certain angle. The holster has a screw adjustable nub inside but that is not what is causing the problem. Sometimes when I attempt to pull the pistol from the holster, the pistol with the holster still attached is drawn, jerking it off my belt. This makes it useless and potentially unsafe for me. I have tried adding lubricant to the holster to no avail. If pulled out at the precise angle, the pistol exits easily. At other angles it takes quite a bit of force to withdraw the firearm. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks.
There are certainly better holsters available, but I do use the one that came with the P938 at the range.

At first, I had similar problems drawing the pistol from the holster, but after a bit of experimenting I found a method that works for me, every time. You might want to try it and see if it works for you.

Place your hand on the grip of the pistol, then rotate your wrist slightly clockwise, pushing the bottom of the pistol grip (the mag well) in toward your body. When I do this, the pistol comes out of the holster freely, with no resistance at all.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by lacoppari:
There are certainly better holsters available, but I do use the one that came with the P938 at the range.

At first, I had similar problems drawing the pistol from the holster, but after a bit of experimenting I found a method that works for me, every time. You might want to try it and see if it works for you.

Place your hand on the grip of the pistol, then rotate your wrist slightly clockwise, pushing the bottom of the pistol grip (the mag well) in toward your body. When I do this, the pistol comes out of the holster freely, with no resistance at all.

That works quite well. Thanks for the tip.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My guess is that this is a design feature, for retention. This is an OWB holster. If somebody tried to snatch the pistol from your belt, the natural way for him / her to grab it would be to twist the grip away from your body, and the more torque that is applied in that direction, the more firmly the pistol is held in the holster.

Assuming that it is designed that way, and the holster comes with the pistol, I am a bit surprised that this technique is not mentioned in the manual.

I stumbled on it by trial and error last time I was at the range. I figured that there must be a way to draw the pistol from the holster smoothly, so I experimented (with an unloaded pistol), tried various combinations, and finally found that the method I described would work reliably.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posts: 17120 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010 Powered by Social Strata Please Wait. Your request is being processed... Rep

I think you are correct.