SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    mag cap for pocket carry?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mag cap for pocket carry? Login/Join 
posted
Does anybody make a mag cover/cap for pocket carry of a spare magazine? I'm not interested in a belt mag carrier. Leather or Kydex is Okay. I just need something to cover the top of the mag while it's in my pocket.

As always, thanks in advance...

Posts: 132 | Registered: December 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Side Guard Holsters makes a leather pocket mag pouch. I've seen other makers offer pocket mag pouches. They're not exactly caps or covers, but they might meet your needs.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is what I use and it works great.

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recluse Holsters make a single stack cover that doesn't have the wings to stabilize it in your pocket like DeSantis and other do. I use it on my spare P938 mags.
http://www.recluseholster.com/...d=15&products_id=194

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
REMORA also makes magazine pocket pouches. Be aware that some magazines may tend to strip off the top round if carried in the pocket, especially in a flexible pouch.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I use this for putting mags on the belt or in the pocket.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/...istol-mag-pouch.html

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I have a nifty pocket mag pouch (1911 mags) from TT Gunleather that I use a good bit.

I've had one in the past from Milt Sparks, sized for Glock magazines, that was also excellent.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I favor the Remora single mag pouch.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
This is what I use when I carry my spare mag in my pocket. Works VERY well.

http://www.snagmag.com/

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all of the input, I just ordered the Remoras. Smile

Posts: 132 | Registered: December 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post