SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Best CCW belt for the money.... and go!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best CCW belt for the money.... and go! Login/Join 
Picture of InLoveWithSigs
posted
Title says it all. I CCW, and dont mind spending a little for a good belt, but some seem over priced, or priced high, but not as good quality.

Thanks for any tips you might have.

Sigs: P220, P228, P239, P290, P365, P365 NRA

Posts: 1131 | Location: Midwest | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Beltman is the best value I've found. They changed hands to the next generation a few years ago and seem to be the same service and quality.
I've acquired a few more as spares over the years but haven't been able to wear out my first one in well over a decade with proper (and minimal) care.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another fan of Beltman, still on the same one I bought from them 10'ish years ago.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For nylon: NexBelt.
For leather: Hanks.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Leather- Beltman. I have them from both original and new owners. You won't be disappointed.

Nylon/Web- The Wilderness 5-stitch. IMO these are the best of this type.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Luv the quality and service from Mike @ Armourbelts!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Armour belts. I have two and they have been fantastic for CCW and everyday wear.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I’ll chime-in for A&G Custom Gunleather. Check out their “Quick Ship” options. I’ve been wearing their belts for 5 years now.

https://agcustomgunleather.com/

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of InLoveWithSigs
posted Hide Post
I ended up buying a Hanks belt. Will report back my impressions. I took a strong look at the Beltman ones, nearly ordered, but the price difference was significant, and shipping times were a consideration

Sigs: P220, P228, P239, P290, P365, P365 NRA

Posts: 1131 | Location: Midwest | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Mastermind Tactics.
https://www.mastermindtactics.com/shop
$32.99 American Made.

AIWB focused, but works for any mode of carry IMO.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a Daltech "Bullbelt" for a while now and love it. Its a steel core american bison leather belt. $54.99 well spent

Posts: 8 | Registered: June 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AH.74:
Leather- Beltman. I have them from both original and new owners. You won't be disappointed.

I concur.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I use this belt more than all my others, combined: 5.11 TDU Double Duty Tactical Belt, Non-Metal, 1.5-inch, Style 59568

The only down-side to this belt is it can be a PITA to get tightened as well as you might like, because of the way the buckle works.

OTOH: Infinitely adjustable, does a good job of comfortably supporting even a Government 1911 & spare mag, is reversible, has no "trick" mechanisms to break or get stuck, has no metal bits to set off detectors, doesn't look at all like a gun belt, and costs a mere $23.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by AH.74:

I concur.

I second this.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Milt Sparks fan here.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
Another vote for Armour belts. I have two and they have been fantastic for CCW and everyday wear.
I'll vote Armour Belts too. My first one came from Jerry before he retired.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I have leather belts from Armour, A Better Belt USA, and The Beltman (from former and current owners). They are all excellent in quality for sure. They all also offer the option of having 7 holes spaced 3/4" apart instead of 1" apart like many of the popular belts out there. I found my Armour belt to be almost too thick for some of my holster slots though. The Armour belts are supposed to be around 5/16" thick on average. The belts from A Better Belt USA and The Beltman are about 1/4" thick on average. It's not much of a difference but for some custom holsters, you can tell a bit. Anyway, I tend to prefer The Beltman but they're all great belts.

For non-leather, I vote for the Wilderness Tactical 5-Stitch. I like both the Original Instructor and the Frequent Flyer. I bought one with the internal CSM polymer stiffener, and found it unnecessary. The 5-Stitch is stiff enough for any guns I carry.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used the Volund Gearworks Atlas for some time and love it
http://store.volundgearworks.com/

Posts: 339 | Location: Lower Alabama | Registered: November 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used The Beltman belts for over ten years. Purchased three that rotated through daily wear and carry and are still quite serviceable. I needed to upsize a little or I'd still be using those belts. I ordered two new belts on 8/8 and they arrived today 8/22. Quality and attention to detail are the same as I remember if not better and I'm very happy with the customer service. I recommend them to anyone who asks about leather gear.

Posts: 11 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post