SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Anyone else find it easier to carry a larger gun?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else find it easier to carry a larger gun? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I hear what some of you are saying about pocket guns. My most concealable gun is my kahr p380. I ALWAYS have it on me but mainly as a back up. I'll carry it by itself at home when there are other guns nearby but going out, I want something more powerful, shootable and preferably more capacity. That's where I've run into the issue with sub compact 9mm pistols. Most are too large for pocket carry but uncomfortable IWB for all the reasons I mentioned in my original post.
I was really itching to pick up the p365 when I heard about it but realize it falls into that too big for pockets too small for iwb range.
Now the p938 is interesting to me. Can anyone do a size comparison between the p380 and a p938?

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amc:
Can anyone do a size comparison between the p380 and a p938?

For pistol size comparisons: https://nivlam.github.io/

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree; never was drawn to pocket carry; Just before my present EDC (P220 Elite DA/SA 10 mm) it was an M11 A-1. The 220 is a bit heavier, but I really don't notice it in a good custom OWB pancake holster. Carry 2 reloads on the weak side.

Pilotka, NRA lifer

Posts: 69 | Location: Manassas Park, VA | Registered: May 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone else find it easier to carry a larger gun?

I don't find it easier to carry a larger gun, but honestly - when I carry my 19, I feel better or more comfortable with my choice than when I carry one of the small 9s.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
so, "comforting," rather than "comfortable" ?

works for me Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
so, "comforting," rather than "comfortable" ?

works for me Smile

Yep!

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must have joined the "older" crowd. I pocket carry my P365, but as for IWB my 228 or G19 are much more comfortable. At 60 with a little more around the middle I think the extra length lets everything settle-in.

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Handling and marksmanship ability should trump concealability, especially for defensive use. When SHTF quickly, micropistols are of negligible value (though better than nothing).

Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol and CCW Instructor, Firearms Expert Witness - Fraternal Order of Police
*************************************************************************************************************
"Civilian marksmanship was appalling, for a population obsessed with guns." - Lee Child, "A Wanted Man"

Posts: 93 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
I sometimes carry a Glock 26 in an IWB made for a G19. The short slide on the 26 is more comfortable that way. With a factory +2 mag, I'm not giving up much vs. the 19.

I have also carried a 226 Mexican style. That and the CZ P07 are the only two pistols I felt comfortable carrying that way. Both disappeared under a t-shirt.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can carry a Glock 17, MK25, and 1911 Government size in just a t-shirt with appendix carry. Doesn’t work out quite as well with traditional IWB 3-5 o’clock.

Posts: 505 | Location: North East Illinois | Registered: September 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SheepdogIHSV
posted Hide Post
Once I started carrying AIWB I found it was just as easy and comfortable to carry a P226 as a P239. The P226 conceals in this manner just as well if not better on me and I rarely carry the P239 anymore. Unless I am traveling through states with magazine limits the P226 gets the call. I realize that comfort and concealability will be different for everyone depending on body style/build and we all have to find out what works best for us.

Luke 22:36

Posts: 87 | Registered: December 16, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post