SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Keep Your Wife/Husband/Kids/Significant Other On Your Off-Hand Side
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Keep Your Wife/Husband/Kids/Significant Other On Your Off-Hand Side Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
This thread reminds me of the karate teacher who asked a student to attack him, and then the student does and punches him in the face. The teacher then goes "Hit me like this" and demonstrates how and when he wants to be punched.

Where the wife/kids/significant other are located really doesn't matter in the real world, unless you know where the attack is going to come from. And in that case, they shouldn't be there in the first place.

There must be some far more gangster people that inhabit the internet, because I generally don't go places at times where "leaving my gun hand free" is all that important. When I do go these places, I take a rifle, a plate carrier, and am not really worried about any of the other stuff.

This "Gray man" EDC special forces operator stuff gets a bit much.

-Keep your head up and out of your phone.
-Don't go places at times where bad shit happens.
-Carry a gun that you can shoot fast and accurate.
-A good run is always better than a bad stand.
-Be a good witness.
-Use common sense.

Follow those simple rules, and you'll be fine.

-A good run is always better than a bad stand.

Yep

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
While I am a big believer in the woman walks on the left, it is not always possible, when in a parking lot my son or wife always walk on the parked car side as it is safer.

The need to practice pushing them down/off the X is needed. My wife has the situation awareness of a blind slug, especially if she is with my MIL, so she is used to me manhandling her in public.

Always think....what happens next and talk to your SO about it.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
I’m firmly in the carry two guns camp.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post