SIGforum
225A1 but more specifically trigger guard holsters

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/8240083924

August 24, 2017, 10:30 AM
pedropcola
225A1 but more specifically trigger guard holsters
Hello all. I bought a trigger guard holster from Ozark. Its the kind that covers the trigger guard with a paracord lanyard to pop it off as you draw, sorta Mexican style but with some actual retention.

I am going to use it on a Sig 225A1 that I have been breaking in. Here is my question for the masses. It seems like a reasonable solution for some carry times. Certainly not perfect for everything but nice for walks and quick trips here and there.

I wouldn't use this method for striker guns but I don't appendix striker guns anyway so I am talking strictly DA/SA at this point.

Anyone use this type of "holster"? Thoughts, concerns, suggestions, name calling, etc. are expected and welcome. lol
August 27, 2017, 03:51 PM
YooperSigs
Dustin made a couple for me. I mainly use them for off body carry setups like packs or bags. I have another type (possibly made by Cooks) that combines the trigger guard cover with an IWB belt clip. It works ok but I would guess it is more suited for smaller guns.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
August 28, 2017, 07:18 AM
WARPIG602
I have/use them for off body carry. Striker or DA/SA doesnt matter to me. The trigger is covered or its not.

I haven't really used them when carrying on my persons as I'll usually just grab my PM9 or J frame if I need something quick and I just toss it my back pocket. No concerns with the heavier triggers.

I do use them when I need to carry my handguns in a bag or briefcase and they work well in that role. On some of my bags I'm able to tie off the string and the cover just pops off on the draw.

August 28, 2017, 04:55 PM
matthew03
I do and am very fond of them.

I actually have a couple of successful AIWB designs under my belt, and I still use a trigger guard rig on occasion; very low profile and easy on off of all gear when necessary.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com
September 23, 2017, 10:37 AM
amc
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
I do and am very fond of them.

I actually have a couple of successful AIWB designs under my belt, and I still use a trigger guard rig on occasion; very low profile and easy on off of all gear when necessary.

I have one made by Matthew03 for my glocks. Mine works great and I'd recommend his holsters to others. Mine has the string but no belt loop attachment so I only use it for bag carry and wouldn't recommend it for body carry unless you got the model with a belt loop.
Now I don't understand your concern about striker guns, as long as the trigger is covered, the trigger type doesn't matter.
September 29, 2017, 03:50 PM
pedropcola
Personal preference. If I AIWB I prefer a longer stroke than strikers afford. Lot of stuff in the pelvic girdle that can kill you, some extra insurance DA/SA seems like a reasonable option. To each his own.