SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Loops with snaps or Nylon clips?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Loops with snaps or Nylon clips? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
hi power man: I found the holster you are looking for.... Made by HBE ( Eric Larson), OS pro.... I had him add a break on mine....have only had it a couple of days, love it so far....

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will never buy an IWB holster with plastic clips again after using the Vedder holster with metal clip. The metal clip is far superior.

Posts: 5414 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

As a result, I have a strong preference for snap loops. They're just as easy to put on/off as clips...

I'm intrigued with this statement. I can't imagine any possible scenario where a snap-loop is as easy to put on or take off as the plastic clips on my various holsters (mostly Clinger Stingrays). That's a one-hand operation, with fingers tucked under the bottom of the clip and pulling it out while it slides over the belt. I'll give you that loops are more secure (how could they not be?) but just as easy to put on? Please explain what you mean by this since it's obviously not the conventional wisdom on the subject (or else why would clips even exist since they're less secure).

[I don't mean the above to sound confrontational -- I'm genuinely curious. Just don't know how else to word it. Thanks!]

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I go IWB, which isn't often, I use an El Paso Saddlery C-Force. The loop is behind the gun, which reduces the bulk of the holster and makes for a "flatter" holster. Not quite the ease of putting on as a clip is, but it works for me. Mine is 10 years old and going strong.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post