SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Need recommendations on a 365XL holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need recommendations on a 365XL holster Login/Join 
posted
Well, I did it. I sold my G43x (AKA Finger destroyer) and bought a new Sig 365XL. I love the gun and so far it's digested everything I've run through it. It's birthday is January 02, 2020.

Now I'm looking for a holster recommendation, most likely kydex, although I'm open to suggestions, for Right side IWB carry. At the moment I do not have the Romeo sight, but may purchase one sometime down stream. Is there a holster that can configure the iron sights now, but capable of handling the romeo later, or will it be two different holsters? Thanks...

Posts: 33 | Registered: March 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I've been really happy with the service I've had with Milt Spark's "Summer Special 2" holsters. I've been using their leather rigs since the 1970's and though I've bought plenty of kydex and kydex/leather combos, nothing beats the original!

https://www.miltsparks.com/sto...01/category=28350085

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Dale Fricke has made two for my red dot equipped pistols - a 365 XL and a G48. Very well made and fast delivery.

https://dalefrickeholsters.com...e-carry-iwb-holster/

Vedder also makes a good one.

https://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
I have two Black Arch holsters. They are hybrids but this particular model has the kydex wrapping around the trigger guard instead of relying on body pressure to retain the gun.

https://www.blackarchholsters....rs/products/protos-m

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the Vedder light tuck. The last 3 carries guns have all called that holster home.

The main reason I like this is they use a metal belt clip. I will never go back plastic.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
I really like the Vedder light tuck. The last 3 carries guns have all called that holster home.

The main reason I like this is they use a metal belt clip. I will never go back plastic.

This is what I'm using. I had a vedder for a Keltec pf9 that I just remolded for the xl. Nearly perfect fit and hides like a dream.

Posts: 10 | Registered: April 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brawny:
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:

This is what I'm using. I had a vedder for a Keltec pf9 that I just remolded for the xl. Nearly perfect fit and hides like a dream.

Sorry, can't figure out how to edit, but I believe there is room for an optic.

Posts: 10 | Registered: April 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I spent some time looking around and decided on a leather holster from Winthrop, Covert Model. I had previous experience with them - all good. Here's a link to their you-tube review of a P365 model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfxB92Q0ikg

I previously purchased the Covert for my S&W Model 60 IWB and it had performed well. The holster is flat with no stack up from the clips. The leather also forms to your hip as it breaks in.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 867 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It was not evil that made me dangerous. It was love.
posted Hide Post
Here’s another vote for Vedder Light Tuck. I’ve been carrying for over 30 years and the Vedder is probably the best iwb holster I’ve come across.

For God and Country,

Shannon

Posts: 1271 | Location: Central MS | Registered: March 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra Max. Mine disappears with it and it's got the leather backing, so if it's against your bare skin, it doesn't have the uncomfortable feeling of Kydex on your skin.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry my P365XL in a Crossbreed Mini-Tuck. It's my 3rd Crossbreed in the past few years (P938 & EMP4), and it's perfect. I use the tuckable feature with dress shirts with total concealment.

Posts: 72 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bumping this topic for any additional suggestions. I just bought an XL today and it needs a home.

Posts: 988 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I asked Ryan Grizzle to make me a Warpig (convertable IWB/OWB with profile similar to VMII) and will give results soon.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra Max. Mine disappears with it and it's got the leather backing, so if it's against your bare skin, it doesn't have the uncomfortable feeling of Kydex on your skin.

Tony.

This is my favorite holster by far. I’ve got several of them for various firearms and it’s by far the most comfortable holster I’ve ever worn.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read through the responses above and after considering them, and a few others, I ordered a Vedder Light Tuck. I'd love to say I had some clear and objective reasons for doing so but in all candor it looked like a great product and it got the nod over the others because they are a local-to-me, family owned business.

I've had it for a few days now and I'm really happy with it. It's extremely comfortable and well made. I will update this review after I have some more miles on it but so far so good.

Posts: 988 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post