SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Best/classiest/most awesome IWB leather holster for a P225A1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best/classiest/most awesome IWB leather holster for a P225A1 Login/Join 
Picture of Amurr
posted
Pick up a nice P225A1 in a trade.(Thanks Sean) It’s a really nice shooter and one of my favorites as far as pure feel/ergonomics. Feels great in the hand, has one of the best factory DA/SA trigger I have ever had, I like the night sights etc. I will say as good as it is, it’s hard to overcome the fact that it is almost the exact same size as my CZ PCR but holds half the rounds.

My dad lives in commie NY state and I think it makes for a really nice 10rnd mag limit pistol. (I also feel like they need to make an efficient 10rnd mag. Feel like that’s possible with the wasted space in the bottom of the ”magwell”.) Gonna send it to as hin a gift but wanted to set it up with a real nice holster. I consider my father an “older Gentleman”

Any suggestions? Milt Sparks? Etc? This thread is about buying new, but if anyone has one they are looking to unload....

Thanks
Amurr

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:
Pick up a nice P225A1 in a trade.(Thanks Sean) It’s a really nice shooter and one of my favorites as far as pure feel/ergonomics. Feels great in the hand, has one of the best factory DA/SA trigger I have ever had, I like the night sights etc. I will say as good as it is, it’s hard to overcome the fact that it is almost the exact same size as my CZ PCR but holds half the rounds.

My dad lives in commie NY state and I think it makes for a really nice 10rnd mag limit pistol. (I also feel like they need to make an efficient 10rnd mag. Feel like that’s possible with the wasted space in the bottom of the ”magwell”.) Gonna send it to as hin a gift but wanted to set it up with a real nice holster. I consider my father an “older Gentleman”

Any suggestions? Milt Sparks? Etc? This thread is about buying new, but if anyone has one they are looking to unload....

Thanks
Amurr

My vote would be for Milt Sparks, perhaps their Versa-Max 2 (or “VM-2.”) Unless you can score one in-stock (a long shot, perhaps, but not impossible), you could be in for a 3-4 month wait-time. But it would be worth it.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
I would look at a Presentation grade MaxCon V from Brommeland gunleather.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RGrizzle holsters are a work of art. Lots of SF members are customers of his.

https://rgrizzleleather.com/iwb-holsters.html

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
RGrizzle holsters are a work of art. Lots of SF members are customers of his.

https://rgrizzleleather.com/iwb-holsters.html

One of the bestest!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
I would look at a Presentation grade MaxCon V from Brommeland gunleather.

I concur.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a Milt Sparks VM2 available with no wait.
https://www.topgunsupply.com/m...ks-vm2-sig-p225.html

Posts: 76 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Is Brommeland still working? I have one of his for a 225. It is excellent.

And our own Ryan Grizzle is excellent.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
For IWB, my preference is the Milt Sparks "Summer Special 2". If I want a beautiful OWB, TT Gunleather and Ryan Grizzle have excellent "snap detachable" pancake style holsters that are works of art.

Milt Sparks:

Ryan Grizzle:

TT Gunleather:

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Wright Leather Works makes quality pieces.

https://www.wrightleatherworks.com/

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4571 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My vote is for https://rgrizzleleather.com/iwb-holsters.html
He makes beautiful holsters and a great guy as well. Also a regular here on sigforum.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AnimalMother88
posted Hide Post
+1 For rgrizzleleather.com
He's the best. I have can attest to the quality, and worth the wait.

Posts: 1338 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got my first Ryan Grizzle holster recently and it’s a work of art highly recommend him!

Posts: 119 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rgrizzle!

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post