SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Looking for recommendations to closest AIWB holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for recommendations to closest AIWB holster Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
I am looking for suggestions that anyone might have for a close knock off of a Mastermind Tactics AIWB holster. I’ve bought from several different vendors and none are the same. They ride too low and do not come with the foam wedge.

And if the make optic ready holsters it would be all the better.

Thanks

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This AIWB holster with a quick clip works well for me. G19/RMR.

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB.html

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Jerry, I don't carry with AIWB and you have more experience than I do regarding concealed carry.

Garrett holsters is a Texas company I buy from, they have this AIWB product:

www.GIholsters.com/product-p/hst3000.htm

Their holster options include Optic Ready, Standard or Suppressor Height Tall iron sights, and I think their version of a foam wedge is called a Stabilizer Arm:

www.GIholsters.com/product-p/mi800.htm

The reason I like their products is because they make a "leather-lined" kydex holster. The leather draw is smooth and quiet yet the kydex offers protection and retention.

I bet if you call Garrett (Office Phone: 409-200-2853) and ask for a high-riding AIWB holster they will be able to accommodate you because they manufacture in house.

Posts: 2854 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've owned a ton of AIWB holsters but not the Mastermind so I don't have the direct experience. I even had to Google how it looked. Seems like the closest would be CCC Gestalt.

https://www.customcarryconcept...le-Holster_p_74.html

Note that the ride height is adjustable with one of his plates. However, my experience with the system that Rich uses was that in its highest ride position it was still too low for me. That was on a Shaggy. I have probably 10 of his holsters, all Shaggies. I ask Rich to make me hi-ride and low-ride belt attachment loops and that answers all my needs. He can build an optic compatible holster. Give him a call.

Goes without saying but if you find something that rides well enough, making your own wedge is easy. I've been doing it for 5 years now as I use much thicker and denser wedges than anyone offers.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
I've owned a ton of AIWB holsters but not the Mastermind so I don't have the direct experience. I even had to Google how it looked. Seems like the closest would be CCC Gestalt.

https://www.customcarryconcept...le-Holster_p_74.html

Note that the ride height is adjustable with one of his plates. However, my experience with the system that Rich uses was that in its highest ride position it was still too low for me. That was on a Shaggy. I have probably 10 of his holsters, all Shaggies. I ask Rich to make me hi-ride and low-ride belt attachment loops and that answers all my needs. He can build an optic compatible holster. Give him a call.

Goes without saying but if you find something that rides well enough, making your own wedge is easy. I've been doing it for 5 years now as I use much thicker and denser wedges than anyone offers.

Very good guy, when I closed my shop, I refered all my customers to him.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post