SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Straight draw leather OWB holsters.

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Straight draw leather OWB holsters. Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
Who has a line of this type of holster?
No cant, straight draw belt holster. Similar to the ole Blackhawk three slot snap leather holster, just w/o the cant.
G19, 1911, etc...

Posts: 5554 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know about slotted pancake-style OWB holsters, but I know lots of makers offer Avenger-style holsters with a straight drop. Basically, a tunnel loop behind the holster body and a trailing belt slot to pull the butt of the gun into the body. Not quite as concealable as a pancake holster, but it might be worth checking out.

Offhand, I know Kramer and Milt Sparks make versions of this model. I think the Kramer version is called the Vertical Scabbard and the Milt Sparks version is called the 55BN. I'm pretty sure TT Gunleather offers this, too, but I can't say for sure.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1219 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
You ought to take a look at the Mitch Rosen UPL “Upper Limit” straight draw holster. I have a Rosen 5JR, which has an “FBI cant”.

https://mitchrosen.com/product...sters/belt-holsters/

Regardless of which holster you buy, I also recommend Rosen’s “Leather Lightning” leather lube, which greatly eases break-in of tight fitting custom holsters. One little bottle is plenty for at least two new holsters.

https://mitchrosen.com/products/additional-products/

Look about you.

Posts: 4610 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a huge fan of the Galco Avenger for my 1911 & M&P.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 279 | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post