SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Recomend me a ankle holster for G26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recomend me a ankle holster for G26 Login/Join 
posted
I recently picked up a G26 and I am stongly considering using it as a BUG to my EDC G19. Any experience and suggestions would be helpful, thanks guys and gals.

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Galco Ankle Glove. And make sure you practice with it. I used one for years as a cop with a Sig P230 in it. I had my seamstress replace the leg seams of my pants with Velcro so I could gain access to my BUG quickly. Never had to use it, fortunately!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Galco Ankle Glove. Kinda spendy, but worth every dime. I've carried in mine almost daily for the past 6 years, and it's still going strong. Aside from a little cosmetic wear, it still works as well as it did on day 1.

I would also encourage you to practice your draw, and even adjust your wardrobe if necessary. I ankle carried my primary weapon because I was in a situation for a few years where I absolutely could not print. For that situation it was a good choice, but when in a more gun friendly (normal) environment, I prefer IWB, as the consequences of printing are not so high as to overcome the benefit of a quicker draw.

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
Prince gun leather makes a great ankle rig.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always used the Bianchi 4750 Ranger Triad. I used it to carry my Sig P230 while on duty. Years later we switched to Glock and I used it to carry my G27/G26. Never had an issue with the holster.

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Galco Ankle Glove. It is the most comfortable holster out there for day in and day out wear.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alessi or Ritchie gun leather ankle holsters my alessi is about 30 years old and still functions perfectly and is super comfortable I carry an all steel j frame ( close to the weight of a 26) and it is easy to forget it is there. When Lou alessi died a few years ago his family opened a new shop while one of his very skilled employees skip Ritchie took over the old one. Before I moved skip shot in our combat pistol league. He is a great guy and his products are top notch. A step in quality above production stuff like galco

Posts: 3271 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The consensus seems to be between Galco and Alessi. I generally wear boots, will either of these function properly with the footwear I commonly wear? I also understand that boot cut pants work best for this application.

posted Hide Post
I carry my G26 in the Galco Ankle Glove about once a week. I bought it out of curiosity more than anything, but now I'm really glad I have it as an option. It took a little warming up to, but am starting to appreciate it for certain discrete situations.

I haven't been able to use it with my 8" & 9" height work boots, but it does OK with my 6" height boots. I keep meaning to get the calf strap to see if that helps with support. I don't have any boot cut pants per se, but I can see how they'd be much easier to wear with this rig; I feel pretty conspicuous with any pants that have tapered legs whatsoever.

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Alessi or Ritchie gun leather ankle holsters my alessi is about 30 years old and still functions perfectly and is super comfortable I carry an all steel j frame ( close to the weight of a 26) and it is easy to forget it is there. When Lou alessi died a few years ago his family opened a new shop while one of his very skilled employees skip Ritchie took over the old one. Before I moved skip shot in our combat pistol league. He is a great guy and his products are top notch. A step in quality above production stuff like galco

+1. The Alessi and Ritchie are 1,000 times better than the Galco Ankle Glove. IMHO, the neoprene of the Galco flexes too much with a heavier pistol like the G26. I've carry my 26 in an Alessi 5 days a week, 10 hours a day for the last 3 years.

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
I carry my G26 in the Galco Ankle Glove about once a week. I bought it out of curiosity more than anything, but now I'm really glad I have it as an option. It took a little warming up to, but am starting to appreciate it for certain discrete situations.

I haven't been able to use it with my 8" & 9" height work boots, but it does OK with my 6" height boots. I keep meaning to get the calf strap to see if that helps with support. I don't have any boot cut pants per se, but I can see how they'd be much easier to wear with this rig; I feel pretty conspicuous with any pants that have tapered legs whatsoever.

Can you give it a try with boots, and report back your findings?

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Galco Ankle Glove. It is the most comfortable holster out there for day in and day out wear.

Been wearing one M-F for a couple of years with a Kahr P9. A super comfortable choice.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can wear an ankle glove with 8 inch Army type boots with no issues. Galco makes an extension for the holster, and you have to wear baggy pants. Skinny jeans don't conceal well. Something like 5.11 pants or baggy jeans work fine though.

Posts: 377 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Super Shooter:

If you mean for me to try it with my tall boots, I have. It doesn't work for me, unless there's an extension velcro strap so I can wear it around my calf. Maybe that's what the other guy was talking about.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
quote:
Originally posted by Super Shooter:

If you mean for me to try it with my tall boots, I have. It doesn't work for me, unless there's an extension velcro strap so I can wear it around my calf. Maybe that's what the other guy was talking about.

So there isn't enough material to go around the boot in the position where it would normally go?

posted Hide Post
Oh gosh no

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Galco Ankle Glove - hands down.

And they do make a boot extender strap - FYI.
https://www.galcogunleather.co...nder_8_294_1031.html

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool, I will have to check this out, I wonder if Alessi has something like this.