SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    P290 Holsters

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P290 Holsters Login/Join 
Picture of turnbluetored
posted
Loooong time since posting, but I see the place is still a wealth of knowledge! Recently got a P290RS for CCW, and need suggestions on pocket and IWB holsters for this model. Thanks!

----------------------------
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

"Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater." - Peter Venetoklis

Posts: 654 | Location: Durham NC | Registered: November 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used a Santos pocket holster with the outer flap that breaks up the outline, and have also picked up a Blade-tech IWB holster to use for BUG matches.

I've only used the pocket holster for carry, usually while back packing. I can use the 8 round magazines and it still comes in and out of my pocket fairly well.

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master-and deserves one. Ronald Reagan, 1964, quoted from Alexander Hamilton

Posts: 1621 | Location: Southern Tennessee | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I have an Ozarks Holster Co IWB kydex holster for when I run out and take the 290. Works great, very easy to take on/off and conceal.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posts: 3760 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I've been using the TT Gunleather KX lightweight for a P290 IWB holster worn at 4-oclock. It's very comfortable and very slim. Also easy to get on or off without taking my belt off using the clips.

http://www.mcssl.com/store/a98...4044ab7a9248dad080ac

For pocket carry I've been using the DeSantis Nemesis. It's inexpensive and it works, but it does print a bit too much in a pocket. The shape just looks a bit too much like a gun.

So I recently ordered the TT Gunleather pocket holster with the expectation that the shape it prints will look much less like a gun for those times that I want to pocket carry the P290 instead of IWB.

I have several other TT Gunleather holsters and every one has been of the highest quality. I know they are expensive but whenever I try something different it's just another wasted holster that doesn't get used.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

-Vince Lombardi

Posts: 2109 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeSig
posted Hide Post
Jackson LeatherWork makes a really comfortable genuinely functional AIWB holster - my wife and I both have P290RS and we both love and use the holster. Alot...

The 290 can be carried all day without the fatigue that can set in after a long day carrying. I dont need the stiff belt as his clips hold it tight for rapid draw. Also it tucks the 290 into my prosperous belly without any print.

I just ordered one for a small CZ as well - reasonable price and honest dealing and quality workmanship. I have dealt with him online and in petson on the phone. Can't wait to get this new one.

When I got my CZ, I was thinking maybe I should try another of the really fine holsters that come recommended by many here, I decided to go with what works best for the small, slim pistols.

JoeSig

Sola Gratia, Sola Fide, Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria.

Posts: 319 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: October 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post