SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Carrying a P225?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carrying a P225? Login/Join 
posted
Just decided I'd like to carry my P225-A1 and was wondering how others like to carry and what gear they use. Seems too big for IWB but who knows? I'm partial to a shoulder rig but curious what others have found success with. Thanks.

Posts: 183 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I carry my 225 Classic, it is in a DeSantis Mini Scabbard OWB. Conceals well, mainly due to the slim profile of the gun. The 225-A1 should be a similar experience.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am partial to snap on OWB tight to body holsters.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Winthrop Leather has snap on models. I have several of their holsters. Good service and bang for the buck. Call to see if they make one for the new 225.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rosie, the Corgi,
is my copilot
posted Hide Post
I carry my P225 in a Mark Garrity Enforcer. The nicest holster I have every seen or used.

http://www.garritysgunleather.com/BeltHolsters.htm

Posts: 3672 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
more discussion on this topic (P225) here:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...090050924#4090050924

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too big for IWB? I have always carried my P226 IWB, my old P6 is a breeze.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I carry mine in an El Paso Snap-on Delux. Or in a Galco Miami classic.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Old style 225 in a High Noon Holster Slide Guard

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Laptop
posted Hide Post
I carry my P225-A1 in an IWB holster from HolsterCo. Very comfortable for all day carry, even when used AIWB. Today I ordered another holster from them for my S/W 642 AirWeight.

Posts: 76 | Registered: November 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post