SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Appendix Carry Holster

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appendix Carry Holster Login/Join 
posted
I just picked up a new CZ p01 and while it's off to Cajun Custom for some trigger work I figured might as well order a new holster.
So my question to the brain trust is.
A) which holster maker should I look at?
B) I have seen what is called a wedge sounds good in theory but does it really work?
So what do you guys like?

Posts: 567 | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JM Custom kydex has a couple different styles. With wedge or wing. Both work for me.

There are other makers

Posts: 1052 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
I went with a high noon holster when I wanted to try appendix. It just isn't for me, but the holster was nice.

How big's the gun? Mine was made for a FNS9 4" barrel full size, but depending on the dimensions of the P01 it might work for it. I'd be happy to let it go if it'd work for you.

Posts: 9932 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum Staff Pilot
posted Hide Post
Stealth Gear USA's new Revolution AIWB. I have it for the P30sk. Simple design and it works well.

I read an article where someone made a wedge by using a Dr. Scholl's heel gel cushion velcroed to the back of the holster. I did the same, very comfortable.

Posts: 510 | Registered: December 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiber optic
posted Hide Post
I went with the RGrizzle Leather Southern Sidekick for my P229R that I appendix carry. I could not be more pleased with it.

I'm not familiar with the wedge.

The universe is hostile
So impersonal
Devour to survive
So it is, so it's always been

Posts: 1343 | Registered: November 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I've been pleased with my holster from Cook's for my P-07.

Posts: 18440 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
Picture of PorterN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buffdriver04:
Stealth Gear USA's new Revolution AIWB. I have it for the P30sk. Simple design and it works well.

I have the StealthGear Ventcore AIWB for my g43. I haven't tried their Revolution one yet. looks weird to me. great company though.

☣Biohazard☣

Posts: 6201 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TJ 4X4:
B) I have seen what is called a wedge sounds good in theory but does it really work?

Yes, very much so. Wedge is a AIWB specific design that angles the gun butt into your belly, reducing printing. Some newer AIWB designs partially or fully replace the wedge with a wing.

AIWB holsters are very individual and finding that perfect fit may take more work than strong side carry.

Posts: 1052 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can some of you appendix carry devotees see my post and please post pictures of what your appendix carry looks like when you are seated in a car or desk or dining room chair? I have seen tons of pictures of appendix carry saying how great it is but no one ever shows what it is like seated. My conclusion ( only pictures will dissuade me) is that appendix only works for super skinny people that rarely sit down

Posts: 1983 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Can some of you appendix carry devotees see my post and please post pictures of what your appendix carry looks like when you are seated in a car or desk or dining room chair? I have seen tons of pictures of appendix carry saying how great it is but no one ever shows what it is like seated. My conclusion ( only pictures will dissuade me) is that appendix only works for super skinny people that rarely sit down

"Super skinny" is the body type LEAST well-served by AIWB. The weapon worn at AIWB is in the inguinal crease, and for there to be much of a crease, there has to be either muscle or fat on each side of the crease. Skinny folks do not have much muscle or fat.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rexster,

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3010 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom Highway
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Davenator:
JM Custom kydex has a couple different styles. With wedge or wing. Both work for me.

There are other makers

I highly recommend JM Custom Kydex. He has a wingclaw/built in wedge design that is phenomenal. I've bern carrying a P30L in the AIWB Wing Claw 2.5, and it disappears under a normal fitting t shirt. His regular AIWB holsters with the teardrop shaped wedge/no claw are great as well.

Dale Fricke's Zaccheus holsters are great, too.

Posts: 2905 | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EDC my G42 almost exclusively AIWB with an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. Works great, though the soft side is a bit soft once broken in.

Planning to get the Remora IWB holster for the same purpose; have the RFT version, but it's just too bulky for AIWB for me.

For me, the clip-less design is what makes AIWB comfortable, as the ability to adjust and slip just a bit makes it that much better. I've never had retention issues, for what it's worth. I carry it around 1-2 o'clock, just inboard of the thigh portion (inguinal crease I suppose is the technical term a previous poster noted). A properly length pistol slide for your body shape will help - not too long so that it is always banging into your leg/gut, but not so short it can't retain itself in your waistband.

Posts: 11 | Registered: January 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post